Seasoncard Amnesty

Tickets for the Snooker final go on sale tomorrow. You choose your bubble size, if there's availability then you're in. No mention of photo ID.

City, like all other clubs, have to keep details of those attending games. They are under zero obligation to ratify the information provided to them. What they are doing by this 'amnesty' and photo ID is to stop cards being used by multiple people and for me that's an underhand move, using covid as a reason.

Having read through the thread, in my opinion where PB has described certain people as gobshites or dickheads, he has been 100% correct and if anything somewhat restrained.

The club and fan representatives are clearly trying to find a way forward to safely get some fans in the stadium next season recognising government and public health advice. If all people can do is moan about their own individual unique situation not being catered for rather than looking at the bigger picture then just don’t fucking come to the match.

Tickets for the Snooker final go on sale tomorrow. You choose your bubble size, if there's availability then you're in. No mention of photo ID.
No mention of photo ID? Take a look at the Terms & Conditions:
9. All tickets will bear the surname of the lead booker. This person must provide photo ID that matches the booking detail to gain entry.

I wish people would quit spouting this conspiracy theory shit.

I know I'm late to this thread but I can't help but chuckle to myself at reading some of the posts in it. There was absolute uproar about people passing on away tickets last season that couldn't make the game and yet the same people up in arms about it are openly admitting sharing or passing on season cards to others that don't have the same name on the card, can someone please explain what the difference is?

I'll say this, there must be thousands of young kids who got their first or only brief opportunities to see City play in the flesh via people loaning out season cards.
My son and daughter attended their first games using my mates card. As he works shifts they have been to nearly half the games each season over the past few years using his card.
Each time it costs me a fortune in refreshments for them, where as if my friend goes we dont buy any of the overpriced crap.
City will lose out by putting these new rules in place.

I think its a great idea. However the wait to get in will be even longer, it takes long enough getting into the ground just putting our cards in the reader & getting a pat down, imagine having to show someone your card while they read the name then they have to check your ID, the que for the south stand 3rd tier will be down near Asda

9. All tickets will bear the surname of the lead booker. This person must provide photo ID that matches the booking detail to gain entry.

Giving details of the lead booker is common, to stop touting. Standards TCS. But the others on the booking do not need to give names nor provide photo ID. Very different to City's approach. If there's case at the Crucible the lead booker informs their party.

The Oval held a test event for 1000 members. Again, no photo ID or checks and that event has contributed to the industry standards to expand.

It's not conspiracy theory shit, it's debate.

As mentioned previously there are many ways of providing details for track and trace purposes and many ways some will evade it, who knows why.

But the cessation of sharing cards between friends and family (which this could lead to) seems to be an unnecessary step. Covid provides a very convenient cover for the club to end this common practice, forcing photo ID in the process which will further criminalise attendance at football matches.

Might as well stop wishing. They won’t..

My son and daughter attended their first games using my mates card. As he works shifts they have been to nearly half the games each season over the past few years using his card.
Each time it costs me a fortune in refreshments for them, where as if my friend goes we dont buy any of the overpriced crap.
City will lose out by putting these new rules in place.
ITS. NOT. THEIR. RULES.
How many times does this need to be said FFS? They're not doing this for some nefarious purpose, like putting people off going so they can expand the hsopitality areas, or to make life as difficult as possible for people. They're doing it because that's the requirement that has been agreed between the Goovernment, PL, the Sports Ground Safety Authority and anyone else involved.

Yes - they may lose out because of these rules but we're living in extraordinary times and it's going to be the same for every club. The new "matchday experience" will see the need to wear a mask (unless you're exempt), not being allowed to sing, you may have to enter and leave the ground at a pre-arranged time, you may not be able to leave your seat, you may have to prove your identity, you may have to arrive at the stadium hours before kickoff but may not be able to get a beer or food. Probably no going to away games for this season at least.

I suspect people may be keen to get back in but, once they've experienced a game under these circumstances, may well decide to jack it off for the foreseeable future. And we know that once you get out of the habit of going to games for a few weeks or more, it can be hard to get back into it. This could be a catalyst for a complete change in the way we watch games, with maybe all games shown in the UK at last. Some clubs may not even survive.

But FFS please stop blaming the club for situations outside its control, where it has no choice but to apply a set of rules imposed on it. I'm working with the club, along with my CM colleagues and I can assure you the club are busting a gut to try to get fans back in the ground safely and securely.

Prestwich blue has posted that he’s come back from a consultation meeting

You need at least 150 reponses to have a chance at claiming any sort of robust consultation, they could have done this easily by email to look for "unintended consequences" like a proper consultation would.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.