Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

I appreciate we can all band numbers about.

Johnny Ball, think of a number.

And I appreciate seats+views will always be priced differently.

But let's say the Etihad was expanded to 62,000 via the North stand, and all 59,000 seats minus the away allocation were made season tickets priced at £299, which is our current cheapest adult seat The revenue from that would be £18.5mill a season. Now I appreciate you have to factor in kids, OAP's, and corps, so it's not that straight forward. I have know doubt we would sell out every game. The tills would be ringing at the bars inside and outside the ground, in the souvenir shop, the car parks would be full, and Pep would get his wish of a full and noisy Stadium. I'd even go as far as saying a 62,000 capacity stadium at that seaon ticket price wouldn't be enough. Make the NS a single tier and take the Etihad to 65,000-70,000.

Here's the catch. The bods are City who are running the pantomime don't see it like that. Somewhere amongst all those spreadsheets, graphs, pie charts, presentations, etc, is something that's holding them back, or even stopping them. The current sums just don't add up if City are asking the fans to pay a 2.5% increase, or £500,000-£1,000,000 in reals cash terms.

I don't see how that'd be viable.

The south stand expansion cost £75m and added 8,000 seats.

If they were all priced at £299 it would take over 30 years to get the money back let alone turn a profit.

If they were all priced at £299 it would take over 30 years to get the money back let alone turn a profit.
He wasn't saying it was viable - he is saying, along with many others on here, how pointless in the grand scale of things the increases are. My ticket has increased by £20 yet if I bin platinum then the club has lost £30. Now that isn't viable.

He wasn't saying it was viable - he is saying, along with many others on here, how pointless in the grand scale of things the increases are. My ticket has increased by £20 yet if I bin platinum then the club has lost £30. Now that isn't viable.

Well then, the cost of your ticket has gone down and they're making more money across the stadium as a whole because not everyone will.

No one agrees with the season ticket increases, and my comment wasn't about this years increase, so don't try and drag me into it.

I have moved all around the ground because I have gone from buying 2 season tickets, to 2 season tickets and an additional 2 juniors, I vacated the family stand because it was cheaper to go in ss3, which sort of defeats the object of a family stand. The view is fine, and I am 500 quid better off. Would I pay 570 quid to renew, yes I would, but not for these seats, and only if the kids tickets were 100 quid or so elsewhere. I also think the seat exchange has influenced the rises, the club effectively think that because people have credit against their cards, they won't mind a sneaky rise

How much are the junior tickets in ss3 ?

I do find it a bit odd that the rest of the ground are, in effect, subsidising the £299 tickets, seemingly just so City can say they have got one of the cheapest season tickets in the premier league. That suggests that they are price aware but that they are common sense defective.
This club, along with most football clubs in 2017, is, sadly, run by cynics who, as Lord Darlington attested in Lady Windermere's fan, "know the price of everything but the value of nothing."

Sad day for me yesterday. I rang up and canceled my season card. I've been going for many a year with my old man but having recently started a family the money I spend on watching my beloved Manchester City Football Club is now needed elsewhere (who knew nurseries were so expensive?!!).

I toiled over the decision for months and months but financially it just isn't doable for me anymore.

I have to say that I was pretty upset when I made the call yesterday afternoon. It certainly feels like the end of an era for me. From the undoubted high of witnessing the greatest ever Premier League finale to some desperate times at Maine Road and latterly under the stewardship of good old Stuart Pearce at our new home.

I know people are pissed off with the price rises and rightly so but before you do anything rash you have to really think hard about giving it all up. It's not just a game to us fans is it and it doesn't mater whether or not I can watch every game online or on Sky etc, it's just not the same as being there.

I really hope that I'll be back in the not too distant future with my little lad in tow and I'll be as passionate about our great club then as I have been since my first game against Stoke City at Maine Road in 1989.

Don't let all the bollocks cloud your love and passion for the game blues and above all else KEEP THE FAITH!

City till we die.

I read it as a positive, highlighting how we fill our ground more than pool and spurs and 'dispelling the myth' but the comments by blues see it another way. Not for the first time I am swimming against the tide

Can't see anything negative about us in there. There's even a line about the emptyhad jibes being nonsense.

The SS expansion added 6000 seats, not 8000 seats.

1500 have been given to away fans. £30.

4500 left. How many £299 season tickets are there? 1/3rd? 1500. So any loss would be over 3000 season tickets. How much are those season tickets now? Maybe £100 more, spread over 19 home games. £5. People might just be inclined to spend more on food, drink, etc, given their season tickets were £299. A beer is £4. A burger is £5. A family of 4. You do the maths. As stated, if you increase the capacity to 65,000-70,000 then sustained revenue increases, rather than having over priced empty and unsold seats, which also means additional income from food and drink, etc, is lost. These aren't short-term measures. They are long-term measures. To fill empty seats. To bring missing fans back. To bring fans back who can't afford an expensive season ticket. Apparently the £299 season ticket waiting list is about 13000? Put 13000 fans on to the current matchday crowed. 67,0000. How many more shirts, scarfs, tops, etc sold? How many more pints, ciders, teas, coffees, pies, chips, burgers, pizzas, sold? More fans. A better atmosphere. The team should respond. More throphies. More matches. More revenue. Etc.

Oh. Liverpool have announced they are increasing the capacity of Anfield again. This time to 60,000. Soon we will behind United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool in stadium capacity. So unless our owners react again, increase the capacity of the Etihad, introduce sensible priced season tickets and matchday tickets so the stadium is full, City risk falling even further behind our rivals on matchday income.Either that or the club needs to get more sponsorship money in.

The SS expansion added 6000 seats, not 8000 seats.

1500 have been given to away fans. £30.

4500 left. How many £299 season tickets are there? 1/3rd? 1500. So any loss would be over 3000 season tickets. How much are those season tickets now? Maybe £100 more, spread over 19 home games. £5. People might just be inclined to spend more on food, drink, etc, given their season tickets were £299. A beer is £4. A burger is £5. A family of 4. You do the maths. As stated, if you increase the capacity to 65,000-70,000 then sustained revenue increases, rather than having over priced empty and unsold seats, which also means additional income from food and drink, etc, is lost. These aren't short-term measures. They are long-term measures. To fill empty seats. To bring missing fans back. To bring fans back who can't afford an expensive season ticket. Apparently the £299 season ticket waiting list is about 13000? Put 13000 fans on to the current matchday crowed. 67,0000. How many more shirts, scarfs, tops, etc sold? How many more pints, ciders, teas, coffees, pies, chips, burgers, pizzas, sold? More fans. A better atmosphere. The team should respond. More throphies. More matches. More revenue. Etc.

Oh. Liverpool have announced they are increasing the capacity of Anfield again. This time to 60,000. Soon we will behind United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool in stadium capacity. So unless our owners react again, increase the capacity of the Etihad, introduce sensible priced season tickets and matchday tickets so the stadium is full, City risk falling even further behind our rivals on matchday income.Either that or the club needs to get more sponsorship money in.

I'm n to sure the demand is there for the North stand expansion regardless of the price. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure that they would do it.

Exactly my point, ours add up to £45 extra next season, binned Platinum on all three leaving a deficit of £105, so whoever did the original sums to justify the increase can't have thought about fans making their own protests costing the club over double the proposed increase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.