Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

Bit of help required please a freind wants to change the details on his card he and his dad use to share but his dad now unable to go and is getting OAP age so my friend would have an Oap card but be an adult. City now saying u can't change and will have to give card up for someone on waiting list is that right? I thought u just automatically lose ur loyalty points but can change details??? Any help would be greatly recieved thanks!!!!!

I would think so. Seasoncards do get passed around the family but I would imagine what City have told you is correct.

Bit of help required please a freind wants to change the details on his card he and his dad use to share but his dad now unable to go and is getting OAP age so my friend would have an Oap card but be an adult. City now saying u can't change and will have to give card up for someone on waiting list is that right? I thought u just automatically lose ur loyalty points but can change details??? Any help would be greatly recieved thanks!!!!!
The club are the only people who can answer that. Sounds like the club is right to me.

Not posted for years but fwiw here's my two penneth.

Had my seasoncard since Maine Road and I'm not renewing next year as are the lads I sit with. It's not the money, it's certainly not the football as we've been crap most of my life and I'd have never got one I the first place!

To be perfectly honest, it's just that football in general is not the same anymore. Atmospheres are rubbish at most ground's and the game has become sterile imo.

City have courted the corporate tourists and as with the other big clubs it has reflected in the drive for a "matchday experience". I just want a few beers and City with my mates, but that's the route the club have chosen, so good luck to them with it, it's just not for me.

I now have young kids and it's just time to spend more time with them and their Saturday morning teams. I'll miss not going every week but now we'll just do 4/5 games a year and make a day of it and hopefully catch a few like minded people doing the same thing.

You probably won't miss it after a few months. I know loads of lads who used to go to us and the rags and gave up. None have gone back. They enjoy a day out at the pub more. £20 for a few beers and a couple of games on a Sunday. Suits them better.

I said £25 before , it's actually a £50 increase or £8.8% for me. Negated by dropping from Platinum to Gold - but I can't get away tickets anymore due to tourists - so not much of a loss. It really is taking the fecking piss considering the increase in TV money that the club got. if the club tray and knock the £66 off that I'm due for tickets that where sold because I was away on business then they can feck off now.
And BTW City, if it goes up by more than inflation next season I'm gone. The limit for this particular cash-cow is reached.

Last edited:
Plenty of non-Mancunians watch City already. I'm from south Wales originally.
Where did I say they didn't?
This isn't all about you.

I know plenty of Blues all over the world fella through being actively involved with Supporters Groups and so on.
Meeting people who fly thousands of miles just to get to every home game.
But they have the money, so they can do this.

The average income is far higher down south than NW which is why I said that.

We are becoming everything we used to despise in the Rags.
If you want this then enjoy.

You can have it.

if it's an average of 2% then what is the fuss about? Season ticket prices are cheap in my view. It's the match day prices and Cup prices that aren't covered by season tickets that hurt most

I think City's execs are a bit foolish. Might as well have just frozen the prices. 2% is not worth the PR and inevitable attrition rate

Marvin in missing the point and going against the grain shocker!!

Not posted for years but fwiw here's my two penneth.

Had my seasoncard since Maine Road and I'm not renewing next year as are the lads I sit with. It's not the money, it's certainly not the football as we've been crap most of my life and I'd have never got one I the first place!

To be perfectly honest, it's just that football in general is not the same anymore. Atmospheres are rubbish at most ground's and the game has become sterile imo.

City have courted the corporate tourists and as with the other big clubs it has reflected in the drive for a "matchday experience". I just want a few beers and City with my mates, but that's the route the club have chosen, so good luck to them with it, it's just not for me.

I now have young kids and it's just time to spend more time with them and their Saturday morning teams. I'll miss not going every week but now we'll just do 4/5 games a year and make a day of it and hopefully catch a few like minded people doing the same thing.
Exactly how I feel.
Just no kids on toe (yet) lol...

It is different, and it feels to me more like a Horse Racing Event or Wimbledon Tennis than say a daily event at the match.

People smartly dressed.
Become a tad rowdy, you get disciplined by showsec.

It's gone now, let the middle classes pretend they are working class by attending the people's game.

We'll have it back one day.

What goes up, must come down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.