Seasoncard Renewals | Slight Price Increase

So unless you have guaranteed tickets against the rest of the top 6 watching City is shite. Some of us support the club regardless of who we play.
The ticket on offer is shite yes. If you want a “season ticket” you want your ticket, for the season guaranteed. Twisting that to only wanting them games and getting on your high horse being a super fan, makes you a wanker

The clear issue with the new offer of Silver SCs is the complete lack of clarity about them.

The club should have decided on what they will or won't lead to and communicated that to supporters who may wish to buy them (& to the ones up until this week retained the hope that they could buy a Platinum or Gold SC).

They need to already know that if you buy a Silver you can look to convert that to a full SC next summer or not and have that clearly laid out in the conditions of sale. If buying a Silver is the only route in future to obtaining a full SC then that should be made clear. If the club decides that Gold & Platinum SCs won't be offered to new members going forward then that needs to be out there too.
They don’t know what they’re doing and they aren’t arsed about the fans.

Silver Season cards are an experiment. The problem with City, at least in the 4 years i've been involved in City Matters, is that they've been very risk averse. If there's been a problem, they've been reluctant to tackle it unless they've been 100% certain the proposed solution will work. And even then, they've sometimes got things badly wrong.

I believe the appointment of Roel de Vries from a successful, commercial, marketing-driven concern is hugely positive, as it seems he's encouraging them to approach things differently. There's a methodology called Agile, which is about forming a hypothesis, taking a risk, trying something and discarding it if it doesn't work. That what they seem to be doing now at City. It also means implementing smaller, incremental changes rather than a big-bang approach.

The problem we have is not that we can't sell tickets but that people who buy those tickets don't turn up, or pass on their tickets (either via Ticket Exchange or privately). And it's not the games against the other 'top six' clubs they don't turn up to. The problem is that TV demands means a game you thought you were ok for when the fixtures come out, might not be feasible once Sky & BT get started on divvying up the TV picks. So the 3pm Saturday kick off is now the exception rather than the rule. The vast majority of fans also used to live a bus ride, or two bus rides, from Maine Road whereas now many travel long distances.

It may be that the concept of a 19 game season ticket is only relevant for a minority so we have to find new ways of answering these problems. It may be that Silver Season tickets aren't the answer, in which case they'll be dropped. But it also may be that they're a godsend to some fans, wanting a cheaper way of watching us regularly.

Last edited:
The ticket on offer is shite yes. If you want a “season ticket” you want your ticket, for the season guaranteed. Twisting that to only wanting them games and getting on your high horse being a super fan, makes you a wanker
Call my post shite by all means but you’ve made an embarrassment of yourself.

Silver ticket looks a reasonable-ish option for me. We are in Ireland, so we might make 6 or 7 of the 14 matches probably no more than that.

What do you do with the tickets when not travelling - I would be looking at getting one for myself and two for the kids. Is there a resale option.
Based on @Prestwich_Blue's post, this is the exact opposite to what City are trying to achieve with the silver tickets. If the bulk of those who take it up do this, I reckon it'll be canned after a season or two. The aim is bums on seats, not more empties from folk who only want to bother for certain matches.

It’s a commercial business as has already been stated so TV will take priority. I am going to try and get one of these Silver S-T but Monday night matches in the middle of Winter will probably be avoided. If I open the front door and see freezing fog with the prospect of a 2 hour drive down country lanes and then a motorway drive it’s going to be an about turn and watch it at home on the Tele. For all I know it may be clear by the end of the Lane but not willing to take that chance. No chance of giving it away at short notice so I am afraid the seat stays empty.

Based on @Prestwich_Blue's post, this is the exact opposite to what City are trying to achieve with the silver tickets. If the bulk of those who take it up do this, I reckon it'll be canned after a season or two. The aim is bums on seats, not more empties from folk who only want to bother for certain matches.
We will have to see how the Silver Cards work next season and whether people can list tickets for games they can’t make on the Ticket Exchange. I assume people will be able to.

Maybe it’s better that some Blues from far away go to 7 games and put 7 matches on the Ticket Exchange, rather than having a full season card?

Call my post shite by all means but you’ve made an embarrassment of yourself.
You did by declaring yourself as top blue status. I presume you took the silver option then? If these tickets are there and available it should be an option to people. No fucker will take them though as they are a shit idea. It makes no sense, the point proving that is that next to nobody would have took the silver option on renewal. That’s why they are forcing it on people wanting season tickets. So detached from the fans nowadays

You did by declaring yourself as top blue status. I presume you took the silver option then? If these tickets are there and available it should be an option to people. No fucker will take them though as they are a shit idea. It makes no sense, the point proving that is that next to nobody would have took the silver option on renewal. That’s why they are forcing it on people wanting season tickets. So detached from the fans nowadays
Nobody is being forced into anything. I know several people who are going to try to get the Silver Cards. That doesn’t prevent t anybody from getting a ticket against the Dippers or Rags. People just have to work a bit harder for these tickets.

You give the impression that a season card should fall into your lap as soon as you demand one. Demand is exceeding supply and the club are priority given those Blues who deferred during Covid.

We will have to see how the Silver Cards work next season and whether people can list tickets for games they can’t make on the Ticket Exchange. I assume people will be able to.

Maybe it’s better that some Blues from far away go to 7 games and put 7 matches on the Ticket Exchange, rather than having a full season card?
It’s a valid point, but the concern will always be those 7 will be the least desirable which will go to general sale anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.