Seat Counters - 2023/24

Somebody at the club thinks that nobody will notice the thousands of empty seats on the third tier.

8000 Newcastle fans - and even 93:20 tickets were free for seasoncard holders in those stands - and still thousands unsold.

And Newcastle fans are more obsessed about empty seats than our red friends so looking forward to their feedback !!

They weren't that bothered about empty seats in the 90's when the going wasn't so good!

Soriano is only doing what's expected of him.
Criticism of Soriano is criticism of his superiors, and, at the end of the day, the buck stops with Khaldoon.

As I see it, the CFG business model doesn't really give much of a shit about low paid/local/legacy supporters. It's the same at every 'elite' club.

That's just modern football...
It is, I just think some believe Soriano is given freedom to do what he wants and changing him would change anything they don’t like. Truth is he’s in position because he’s very good at implementing the strategies his chairman and owner are happy for him to implement, and any new CEO would be expected to continue his work.

As I see it, the CFG business model doesn't really give much of a shit about low paid/local/legacy supporters. It's the same at every 'elite' club.

I think they do care in as much as we're part of the entertainment for the viewers.

Soriano is only doing what's expected of him.
Criticism of Soriano is criticism of his superiors, and, at the end of the day, the buck stops with Khaldoon.

it should do when we cannot sell out

If I remember correctly I'm sure it was Soriano when he turned up at barca he did the same there moved the ultras because they was in decent seat then brought in memberships for tickets put all the prices up think loads of locals stopped going then the tourists took over.

I've noticed last time i was over there they have got In ticket shops locals now get discount for tickets must want them back now they ain't top dogs.

I'm a legacy fan, I've been once this year on a freebie, prior to that the last time I was a regular attender was with Pelligrini. The regular working class fan was priced out years ago, the price of a ticket is insane.
I always felt that the beginning of the end was the start of the premier league, prior to that it was doable for everyone.
My uncle introduced me to City in the early 70s, my dad would give him a quid to take me, that was train fare, dinner at Lewis's and admission! Feel really bad for dads taking their kids now.
Just happy that I can get by with the dodgy box.

If I remember correctly I'm sure it was Soriano when he turned up at barca he did the same there moved the ultras because they was in decent seat then brought in memberships for tickets put all the prices up think loads of locals stopped going then the tourists took over.

I've noticed last time i was over there they have got In ticket shops locals now get discount for tickets must want them back now they ain't top dogs.
Don’t know, but if true it reinforces the point City, at the very top knew exactly who they were employing and why, so Soriano can’t be blamed for doing what's expected of him, if he didn’t he’d lose his job.
As I say I don’t have that negative a view of him or the club, but those that do are attacking the wrong target.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.