Seat Counters - 2023/24

I think the initial euphoria of the Champions League win has worn off to a certain degree, tickets are much more readily available now than when they first went on sale in July. A friend of mine who doesn’t have a season ticket has managed to pick up the same seat for every game bar one in the second drop of ticket’s.

It’s going to be very dispiriting when the extension happens.

Ffs. Shite analysis.

They’d have never built the south stand third tier with your logic.

People would not turn up if the ground held 1k or 100,000.

450 left at the moment another 200 or so will shift so not too bad ! The pricing is ridiculous! Half the problem is the ticket exchange means City can sell ordinary seats give you a meal and parking and charge £200 plus quid !
Having tickets available isn't a problem.

90% will be ticket exchange singles, however there isn't the demand for them today like there is for other games, and they will disappear at 12pm. City may fail to sell out due to having 20 tickets left in the normal away section at the back of the third tier, which isn't an issue in the slightest.

Having tickets available isn't a problem.

90% will be ticket exchange singles, however there isn't the demand for them today like there is for other games, and they will disappear at 12pm. City may fail to sell out due to having 20 tickets left in the normal away section at the back of the third tier, which isn't an issue in the slightest.

I think all returns would be snapped up in no time if you didn’t need an active membership to be allocated one.

But that’s clearly a business decision they made a couple of years ago in regard to league games.

They’d definitely rather have a few hundred empties than have it known it’s possible to pick up last minute tickets without a membership.

I think all returns would be snapped up in no time if you didn’t need an active membership to be allocated one.

But that’s clearly a business decision they made a couple of years ago in regard to league games.

They’d definitely rather have a few hundred empties than have it known it’s possible to pick up last minute tickets without a membership.

It’s a combination of both. Having to have a membership to buy a ticket. And the cost of a ticket. Let’s be honest, Palace at home isn’t an attractive fixture, especially during the Christmas/festive period with so much to do and so much going on, but the club are still charging £51-‘£68’ for a ticket. Bring a kid, if you can get 2 tickets together, and it’s not far short of £100 depending on where the seats are in the ground. The available seats may have already been sold and have been put on the seat exchange, but it would be better if those seats were occupied instead of remaining empty today and in other home games. Regardless of the seats already being sold and relisted for sale, I don’t understand why the club don’t seem to be bothered about those seats remaining empty on a match day. Bar the additional income from those seats being sold, there is the additional income of drink, food, etc that the club are missing out on. As others have mentioned, there will be an extra 8000 seats to sell for a similar game at this time of the season in 2 years to time. How is the club going to address that matter?

Last edited:
Just done a quick seat count for the Palace game showing at 905 tickets available noticed the 3rd tier away is £51 and not £30 wonder if that because they only took bottom 2 so didn't have to send 3rd back so we can sell at full price

It can’t be, because the money men at City in-charge of the ticket price structure and ticket prices are professionals in their field and have the data and information that gives them an insight into ticket demand and previous ticket sales for similar home games.(at this time of the year)

Whilst in the real word people like you, me and other City fans ‘know’ the tickets are priced too high to sell out today on the ticket exchange.

Or perhaps City/we still don’t have a large enough local support that we think we have to sell out a match like todays?

I think one problem is,or is for me and I suspect others.I buy matchday because I live away from Manchester so If I can buy when the go on sale I can plan, organise work, organise hotels etc, liase with my son.With returns not available until late in the day tehn usually it's too late for me to get organised and there will be few games I can make from returns. I expect many other matchday buyers also live away and have the same issues.

I think one problem is,or is for me and I suspect others.I buy matchday because I live away from Manchester so If I can buy when the go on sale I can plan, organise work, organise hotels etc, liase with my son.With returns not available until late in the day tehn usually it's too late for me to get organised and there will be few games I can make from returns. I expect many other matchdae away and have the same issues.
Your post makes good points ,make membership £10 and get returns on SAP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.