Seat Counters - 2023/24

We didn't get semi final tickets.

So, the tickets outside of the City and Chelsea allocations for the semi-final went to who? Do you know by chance? Not having a go at you. Just interested to know where those tickets ended up.

In that case, there shouldn’t be a single empty seat at the cup final, regardless of who gets a ticket. Let’s wait and see shall we. And if there isn’t a single empty seat, fair enough.

There’s a minimum of hundreds if not low thousands of empty seats at every single game of football anywhere, due to various reasons.

Not quite sure what it’ll prove when that is the case at this game but yeah, we’ll see.

Like all City fans I just want as many ticket to go to City fans as possible for the FA Cup final. That’s it. If the FA want to distribute FA Cup final tickets to people who don’t support City (or United) for whatever reason, that’s their decision, but it’s not a decision I agree with.

So, the tickets outside of the City and Chelsea allocations for the semi-final went to who? Do you know by chance? Not having a go at you. Just interested to know where those tickets ended up.
Club Wembley and similar as far as I know, no idea really. Clubs get less for the final so I thought that was the football family allocation.

The only time I won the raffle was back in 1992 LC and I bought them for a mutd relative, some were annoyed that I didn't pass them over being a City fan. These days I wouldn't have bothered entering the raffles.

There’s a minimum of hundreds if not low thousands of empty seats at every single game of football anywhere, due to various reasons.

Not quite sure what it’ll prove when that is the case at this game but yeah, we’ll see.

I’m not being funny Stephen, but there won’t be hundreds or thousands of empty seats at the FA Cup final. You’ll always get some empty seats due to no shows, etc.

The seating on the lower tier either side of the players tunnel always looks a bit sparse before, after and during the match,with most people sat there drifting to their seats after both halfs have started.

Last edited:
I’m not being funny Stephen, but there won’t be hundreds or thousands of empty seats at an FA Cup final. You’ll always get some empty seats due to no shows, etc.

The seating on the lower tier either side of the players tunnel always looks a bit sparse before, after and during the match. With most people sat there drifting to their seats after both Half’s have started.

A quick Google search

Do you know if this this still applies?

I personally have never had a problem with the FA using the cup final as a way thanking the wider football community with an opportunity to watch their showpiece game.

There’s thousands of people who dedicate huge chunks of their life to keeping football running at grassroots level. Mainly at a level a million miles away from the handful of clubs that usually make the final.

Whether you agree with it or not, the final isn’t just about the two finalists and their supporters.
Honestly can't argue with that....

I’m not being funny Stephen, but there won’t be hundreds or thousands of empty seats at the FA Cup final. You’ll always get some empty seats due to no shows, etc.

The seating on the lower tier either side of the players tunnel always looks a bit sparse before, after and during the match,with most people sat there drifting to their seats after both halfs have started.

I’m well aware of that mate. Same as England international matches, no matter how big the game. I’d be almost certain that the majority of those are hospitality guests getting tucked into the freebies in the bars and restaurants.

Fair enough. I’m just interested to find out how and why so many semi-final and cup final tickets end up being given to people who don’t support either team.
My mate who lived in Norwich got one of the Norwich City tickets for the Stoke final.

They were in the top tier about 10 rows behind me & my lad in the same block over the corner flag.

10,000 corporate tickets on the middle tier minus the middle tier tickets that are being sold on the City and United OS ticket websites? Where’s that 10,000 corporate, middle tier, ticket figure from, just out of interest?
Yes, that's the rest of the middle tier which isn't given as part of the club's allocation. Then there's the central block on the bottom tier. The rest is given to the two clubs. Some of them ( I believe around 7/8000 for each club) aren't part of the official allocation but they are in the club's end. When you request a ticket from the FA as a member you have to state who you support and what catagroy and you are given (or refused) a ticket in their end.

If all of that 7/8000 isn't taken up the remainder come back to the club and are sold. That's why we sometimes get an "extra" allocation. It hasn't happened yet this year but there's a chance, depending on takeup.

Hope that makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.