Seat Counters - 2023/24

A lot of those people don’t use their FA Cup final tickets. They pass them on or sell them on. That’s the problem. People who don’t support either club aren’t going to pay for travel to Wembley, drink, food and a hotel. It’s far easier to sell their tickets for a couple of hundred quid to a third party ticket touting website and watch the match at home, or pass the ticket on to somebody who hasn’t worked at grass roots level football, doesn’t support either team, and just wants to go to an FA Cup final. Once the tickets are distributed by the FA they couldn’t give two shits where the tickets end up, and who has got the tickets. I bet a fair chunk of FA Cup final tickets aren’t used at all, with some people not even bothering to sell them on or to give them away.
That’s not how it works. I’ve explained it on here loads and can’t be arsed again.

In a nutshell there about 10,000 corporate tickets on the middle tier which can be given to anybody but the rest of the stadium is split 50/50 for fans of the clubs.

A lot of those people don’t use their FA Cup final tickets. They pass them on or sell them on. That’s the problem. People who don’t support either club aren’t going to pay for travel to Wembley, drink, food and a hotel. It’s far easier to sell their tickets for a couple of hundred quid to a third party ticket touting website and watch the match at home, or pass the ticket on to somebody who hasn’t worked at grass roots level football, doesn’t support either team, and just wants to go to an FA Cup final. Once the tickets are distributed by the FA they couldn’t give two shits where the tickets end up, and who has got the tickets. I bet a fair chunk of FA Cup final tickets aren’t used at all, with some people not even bothering to sell them on or to give them away.

You’re making a lot of assumptions based on not much there.

Of course there’s always going to be somebody looking to make a few quid. I doubt you’ve any evidence to suggest that number is ‘a lot’.

I know for a fact that you’re wrong about the FA not giving a shit what happens to them once they’re handed out. I know from personnel experience that I was required to return used ticket stubs that originated from the FA, in the past. The organisations that receive them are very clearly made aware that any tickets found to be resold will reflect very poorly on them. And more than likely have any future requests denied.

As the other guy has pointed out. These tickets are usually over subscribed. Why would anybody go the trouble of applying, paying and then not bother using them?

They are not free. I wouldn't go out of my way to pay £145 a ticket and then let them not be used.

You get them in twos, so £290 just to waste them?
I never said they were free. How do you know they are (all) £145 tickets, out of interest? Regardless of why the FA sell them, it’s still 23,000 tickets that don’t go to fans of either City or United. Edit. Minus the level two tickets that are being sold on the OS, which are part of the officl allocation.

Last edited:
That’s not how it works. I’ve explained it on here loads and can’t be arsed again.

In a nutshell there about 10,000 corporate tickets on the middle tier which can be given to anybody but the rest of the stadium is split 50/50 for fans of the clubs.

10,000 corporate tickets on the middle tier minus the middle tier tickets that are being sold on the City and United OS ticket websites? Where’s that 10,000 corporate, middle tier, ticket figure from, just out of interest?

Last edited:
Regardless of the exact amount of tickets the FA are selling to fans who don’t support City or United, 30,500 tickets still isn’t enough for the fans of of City and United for the FA Cup final.

I never said they were free. How do you know they are (all) £145 tickets, out of interest? Regardless of why the FA sell them, it’s still 23,000 tickets that don’t go to fans of either City or United.
I was with clubs/associations who used to get them for FA Cup and League Cup finals too, they were all fairly central near the Royal Box so assumed this carried on, plus they are the red ones no club has access to.

We had a raffle each year for the right to buy two tickets, and often asked for more. The more depended on who got there. I know they dish them out for free for the Community Shield though.

I never said they were free. How do you know they are (all) £145 tickets, out of interest? Regardless of why the FA sell them, it’s still 23,000 tickets that don’t go to fans of either City or United. Edit. Minus the level two tickets that are being sold on the OS, which are part of the officl allocation.

Even if they were the very cheapest tickets, it’s still virtually a ton for a pair.

What would give you reason to bet that a ‘fair chunk’ of people would go to the trouble of applying, paying and then not bother using them?

I was with clubs/associations who used to get them for FA Cup and League Cup finals too, they were all fairly central near the Royal Box so assumed this carried on, plus they are the red ones no club has access to.

We had a raffle each year for the right to buy two tickets, and often asked for more. The more depended on who got there. I know they dish them out for free for the Community Shield though.

Fair enough. I’m just interested to find out how and why so many semi-final and cup final tickets end up being given to people who don’t support either team.

Fair enough. I’m just interested to find out how and why so many semi-final and cup final tickets end up being given to people who don’t support either team.
We didn't get semi final tickets.

Even if they were the very cheapest tickets, it’s still virtually a ton for a pair.

What would give you reason to bet that a ‘fair chunk’ of people would go to the trouble of applying, paying and then not bother using them?

In that case, there shouldn’t be a single empty seat at the cup final, regardless of who gets a ticket. Let’s wait and see shall we. And if there isn’t a single empty seat, fair enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.