Seat Counters - 2023/24

I wouldn’t get too worked up about a bit of banter Beaker from plastic rags or dippers. As a Stretford Blue I took it and dished it out on a daily basis. Isn’t it a fact that they have more day trippers.

I can understand JRB saying Kevin should call out excessive ticket prices but he might feel it is better working behind the scenes on this.

Yes I recall Danny sending out a message apologising for problems with the electronic ticketing but within months the explanation for lower turnouts was that it was a symptom of getting over the pandemic.
We’re looked upon now as being a shite fanbase and it would appear the club do everything they can to enforce that view. We have got nobody speaking out for us in any meaningful way and too many blues don’t think ticket prices are much of an issue as they have season tickets and don’t look at the bigger picture.

I dread the extension I really do.

We need an Independent Supporters Association to speak out about such matters.

We do, but the club wouldn’t recognise it. The club would point to the OSC and City Matters as the official channels between the club and the fans.

We’re looked upon now as being a shite fanbase and it would appear the club do everything they can to enforce that view. We have got nobody speaking out for us in any meaningful way and too many blues don’t think ticket prices are much of an issue as they have season tickets and don’t look at the bigger picture.

There has to be a massive and radical rethink on match day ticket prices by the time the NS is expanded, regardless of what the clubs fan data shows. It’s bums on seats that matter, not the amount of fans on a data base/spread sheet/graph.

There has to be a massive and radical rethink on match day ticket prices by the time the NS is expanded, regardless of what the clubs fan data shows. It’s bums on seats that matter, not the amount of fans on a data base/spread sheet/graph.
The rethink will unfortunately happen after the NS is open when the club see 1000s of unsold tickets due to prices.
The day it actually opens the tv cameras will be panning all over it. Will be embarrassing if it looks half empty.

I’m not sure how much we really need to increase match day profits to remain competitive. I get they don’t want to fall further behind but it’s such a small percentage of overall revenue. Personally I think it’s a pissing contest between the executives and the fans are paying for it.
Please stop spreading this myth that gate receipts are a small part of our income.
They are approx 12% of last years income .
Other top clubs gate receipts are between 16 to 20% of annual income, so we are way behind in percentage terms.

The extension will be fine for the ‘big’ games, but as for the others I have my doubts.

SSL3 - 1053
ESL3 - 668
CBL3 - 442
L2 - 229
L1 - 321
Total - 2713
Don't forget the hundreds of tickets still on sale on the tout sites as well. Those sites are charging £47, plus booking fee of £14.10, so very conveniently comes in at £61.10...it looks as if their contract with the club forbids them selling below the club's asking price. So it's not about filling the seats, "price protection" is more important. Who'd buy from the club at those rates?? There will be plenty of Burnley spares on BM and on Facebook at about £30 each.

I went to one "lower grade" game last season , home v Brighton, October 22nd 2022, Sat 3pm KO, we paid £81 for 5 tickets for the same game, 2x adults £30 and 3 x £7 for kids, all after the £5 discount. This year, for similar seats, after the member's £5 discount, we'd have to pay £206 for a january mid-week v Burnley. I accept that Brighton was very cheap last year, kids were only £12 before discount, but the change is absolutely staggering. It feels like the club have hired some new "pricing guru", with a mission to squeeze every last £ from the matchday revenue, because we're Treble winners..

I adore Pep, unconditionally, but if he makes any comments about the fans after the Burnley game I'll be forced to write to him with some explanations. We need to have that ground absolutely heaving during the run-in, with passionate and vocal blues screaming their heads off, and most people on here have pretty good ideas on how to achieve that. If there are 10,000 matchday tickets to sell, and you knocked £25 of each off them, that's a "loss" of £250k, but not quite, because you'd sell them all cheaper, so say a loss of £175k. That's so tiny in the scheme of things, it's absolutely insane to chase that last £ at the expense of the atmosphere.

The club do sometimes listen I hope. I was disgusted at the Real Madrid UCL sales policy, and even though I got a ticket myself, I wrote to the club (as I know many others did), highlighting the flawed thinking, and the alienation of the loyal "legacy" fans. For Copenhagen at home, they have introduced a sales window for the fans who attended a group game. That doesn't suit me, it really lessens my ticket chances as I rarely get over to group games, but it's fair, so I can't complain. Let's hope we can knock some common sense into the ticket sales team.....

I had the chance to wander around the whole of the Spurs stadium on Friday night. The number of corporate entrances and facilities was unbelievable. I fear that this is exactly what City are craving for and the NS extension will be the perfect opportunity for them to start. I don't know the exact number of corporate spaces they have each game but it will be substantially more than City - even taking into account the bigger overall capacity.

Nobody can ever call you out Tim. You do a great job. Maybe you should run for GS of the OSC one day? :-)

Unfortunately the vast majority of City fans aren’t in OSC branches and they aren’t aware of the ways they can source cheaper match tickets. They go on to the City ticket page, look at the ticket prices, and think I’m not paying that for a match ticket.
I agree on the off putting ticket prices JRB. The tickets also seem to have got more difficult to transfer for recent home games, that’s making it harder to pick up / pass on below face value tickets.

Yes saying tickets are too expensive for some of our fans wouldn’t do any harm.

It would have been good to have got a home Cup Draw so they more affordable tickets could be available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.