Seat Counters - 2023/24

They're not though. Demand is as high as it has ever been. Fans aren't dropping off - they're coming in bigger numbers than ever before.

There might be 1-2 games a season where it's a tougher sell - such as a winter mid week game against Burnley, but for rest, sales are absolutely excellent.

The club sold every available ticket for the first half of the season months before the games were all even played.

Additional note - Just checking the site for Burnley tickets and the away end third tier, which was returned to City, only has 8 seats in it which aren't singles. The vast majority of seats available in the rest of the stadium look to be singles and/or ticket exchange seats with some small groups in the third tiers which look like returns.
There's a bit of a whiff around that. Up until 2 or 3 days ago hardly any had shifted out of that section and there were still around 1300 seats showing. Then about 400 disappeared off the planner over the weekend. Now another 800 or so have disappeared. Not a chance they're all down to people logging on and buying because the movement of tickets elsewhere is nowhere near as pronounced. I'm not saying those seats in question won't be filled on Wednesday but it looks like the club have offloaded them somewhere.

There's a bit of a whiff around that. Up until 2 or 3 days ago hardly any had shifted out of that section and there were still around 1300 seats showing. Then about 400 disappeared off the planner over the weekend. Now another 800 or so have disappeared. Not a chance they're all down to people logging on and buying because the movement of tickets elsewhere is nowhere near as pronounced. I'm not saying those seats in question won't be filled on Wednesday but it looks like the club have offloaded them somewhere.
The seats have been taken down in mass by city. Probably to give away.

I’m sure some have but if tickets are left, the pattern is that the biggest sales are the weekend before the game and the 2 days before.

They're not though. Demand is as high as it has ever been. Fans aren't dropping off - they're coming in bigger numbers than ever before.

There might be 1-2 games a season where it's a tougher sell - such as a winter mid week game against Burnley, but for rest, sales are absolutely excellent.

The club sold every available ticket for the first half of the season months before the games were all even played.

Additional note - Just checking the site for Burnley tickets and the away end third tier, which was returned to City, only has 8 seats in it which aren't singles. The vast majority of seats available in the rest of the stadium look to be singles and/or ticket exchange seats with some small groups in the third tiers which look like returns.

Of course the demand is there for the big games, it always will be, as I've admitted. But for the less popular bread and butter games, especially midweek games, the demand clearly isn't there. Demand is there because of Pep and his brilliant trophy winning teams. Let's see if that demand is still there when that sadly tails off. I don't think it will be. Regardless of demand for tickets which has remained steady this season as a whole, ticket prices are still too high. Of course City won't see it like that. They will see tickets still selling out at high prices, so what they are doing is justified in their eyes, ie, driving match day revenue successfully.

The problem is, once fans start dropping off, they often don’t come back again. And if they do fancy a game, they need a Citizens card, they need to sign into their City account, only to find out on the ticket page that the cheapest adult match ticket is £61 against Burnley.
Regular fans(or ex regular fans) have been dropping off for years mate and the club are well aware but don't care because a lot of the seats are sold to tourists through the club and online ticket agencies.

Until 21/22 season i had a season card for years but when i became a full time carer for my mother i didn't have the time or money so i gave up my SC. She died in July 22 and i thought about buying another SC for last season but i can only get a silver SC for 14 games as the club want to sell the other 5(premium )games at full match day price. No way will i ever buy a part SC for the 'less attractive ' games!

Last season i managed to attend 9 or 10 games which i was either given SC by a couple of mates or i bought a ticket off here at a reduced a price. I simply can't afford to buy tickets at £61 whether it's against Burnley on a Wednesday night or Saturday, and even if I could i wouldn't pay it for several reasons. My hatred of VAR, and restricted free parking this season mean I'm getting less bothered about attending games, especially when I can watch the game at home on my firestick. And i can watch a VAR replay on TV and have an idea what's just happened, something i can't do at live games because they won't show VAR reply incidents for fear of potential crowd trouble.

I've had plenty of those (loaded questions) emails on what i like and don't like over the years but none since i gave up my SC which I'm disappointed about for two reasons. I wasn't emailed to ask why i didn't renew and secondly the club simply don't care i haven't renewed because they care more about fleecing rich enough new fans to buy a matchday ticket and buy from the club store, etc.

The club have become avariciously greedy over the last few years in ripping off match attending supporters as much as possible but one day it will backfire on them bigtime. The tourists won't carry on coming if we aren't competing for trophies. And we could find ourselves in that position when Pep leaves. And god forbid us getting relegated for being found guilty on one or more of these(alleged) 115 charges.

That is something I've been thinking about recently. And it's something the club should be thinking about because should that happen then we're going to have a lot of SC and match ticket seats to sell, and those seats won't be filled unless tickets are cheap enough to entice fans like me back. For now I'll continue to go when i can and watch the rest of games on TV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.