Seat Counters - 2023/24

Agree 100%. Short-sighted and greedy. Far better to play the long game (no pun intended) by reducing admission prices for matches such as this and thereby ensuring the stadium is full, avoiding inevitable ridicule from the usual quarters and probably not making much, if any, difference to the overall match day takings. Most depressing for me is the tin-eared attitude of a club that claims to listen to its fanbase. Never in the 40 odd years I've followed my beloved club have I felt more disconnected from it.
Disconnected in what way?

Most of us have only ever been fans, match going or not.
We share the good times and the bad as fans.
There are plenty of opportunities to get more involved and closer to City if you want.
I must have dozens of photo's on my phone with the many trophies lifted over the years, never had to pay a penny for that privilege.
Been to the Academy many times and the mini stadium, all free!
I see the Club regularly taking the trophies to people that are unwell, elderly or whatever and the fans really appreciate it.
We are lucky to have the S/T exchange option (never sold mine but bought of it for family), interest free S/T payments which is a huge help, optional Cup schemes.
Many Clubs (Rags) don't offer some or all of these things.

There are loads of good things City do. Fucked up on the Burnley pricing but a combination of a high number of Exchange tickets (winter midweek game) and Burnley returning a large chunk are distorting the sales.

As a S/T holder I'm looking forward to tmrw, not had a home game for a while.

Last edited:
That might happen or we might be like Utd at the start of the Premier League era and co time to see rapid growth in our match day support. Our wider fan base has expanded rapidly. We just don’t need to the Club to take the piss on ticket prices and there is a fair chance that our home crowds will regularly be over 60k with the expanded North Stand.

There’s loads of Blues who can’t get tickets to games to take their families. Yes they don’t want to go to Burnley at home on a cold Wednesday night in January but they’d love to go to lots of other games.
If Spurs and West Ham can fill 60k stadiums having been in 30 odd thousand for many years , we should also be able to ( if priced right)

Sticking general admission prices up on the back of a treble is hardly good business acumen, we could all do that, by doing that you’re just piggybacking on Pep and the team performing well. What happens when the inevitable drop off in performance arrives, do we drop prices accordingly? That’s hardly a sustainable model, I wouldn’t be too quick in handing out those bonuses based on that.
They should be looking at ways to gradually and most importantly sustainably raise revenue. We appear to be the most forward thinking club in every aspect apart from ticketing, it’s bizarre and the people in charge of ticketing should be got rid of because as far as I can see they’re not actually good at their jobs.
Really ???

I can’t go tomorrow (wife double booked), put mine on the exchange and it’s gone SSL3, so they’ve made an at least extra £25 from my ticket. 730pm ko I’d have probably gone bevause I’d have a reasonable chance of getting home on the bus, 8pm as I’ve I’ve said in the parking thread is now putting me off going to night matches, especially if weather is shit. The expansion will be even more of a pain for drivers, let’s see how many don’t turn up before the expansion is done, it’s only going to get worse.
Oooops....

There are plenty of opportunities to get more involved and closer to City if you want.
I must have dozens of photo's on my phone with the many trophies lifted over the years, never had to pay a penny for that privilege.
I see the Club regularly taking the trophies to people that are unwell, elderly or whatever and the fans really appreciate it.
We are lucky to have the S/T exchange option (never sold mine but bought of it for family), interest free S/T payments which is a huge help, optional Cup schemes.

There are loads of good things City do. Fucked up on the Burnley pricing but a combination of a high number of Exchange tickets ( winter midweek game) and Burnly returning a large chunk are distorting the sales.

Some of the things they do with regards trophies and things in the community are great yes, however you’re looking at all this from the position of being a season ticket holder. I’m a season ticket holder as well and I’ll keep hold of it for dear life because the moment you let it go it’s almost to hell with you. Match day prices are a scandal, I showed the prices to a united supporting mate of mine recently and he couldn’t believe it, kids ticket prices in particular are bat shit crazy, no reward for loyalty (Real Madrid ticket fiasco), and they repeated that when they engineered the mass scramble for Premier League tickets in June, not even the merest hint of a season ticket waiting list etc
The overwhelming majority of any fanbase aren’t season ticket holders and our none season ticket holders are treated like shit.

There are loads of good things City do. Fucked up on the Burnley pricing but a combination of a high number of Exchange tickets ( winter midweek game) and Burnly returning a large chunk are distorting the sales.

Burnley didn't return tickets, they didn't ask for them. The club has a block of 1,000 that the away club needs to take after they sell level 1 and 2. If they take it and don't sell 50%+ they pay for them anyway. City want that to put them off as they can sell them at double the price to home fans (in theory).

Burnley sold out all the allocation they took.

I can’t go tomorrow (wife double booked), put mine on the exchange and it’s gone SSL3, so they’ve made an at least extra £25 from my ticket. 730pm ko I’d have probably gone bevause I’d have a reasonable chance of getting home on the bus, 8pm as I’ve I’ve said in the parking thread is now putting me off going to night matches, especially if weather is shit. The expansion will be even more of a pain for drivers, let’s see how many don’t turn up before the expansion is done, it’s only going to get worse.
Mine has gone aswell CB3 so another 25 for the club

Some of the things they do with regards trophies and things in the community are great yes, however you’re looking at all this from the position of being a season ticket holder. I’m a season ticket holder as well and I’ll keep hold of it for dear life because the moment you let it go it’s almost to hell with you. Match day prices are a scandal, I showed the prices to a united supporting mate of mine recently and he couldn’t believe it, kids ticket prices in particular are bat shit crazy, no reward for loyalty (Real Madrid ticket fiasco), and they repeated that when they engineered the mass scramble for Premier League tickets in June, not even the merest hint of a season ticket waiting list etc
The overwhelming majority of any fanbase aren’t season ticket holders and our none season ticket holders are treated like shit.
Interesting but I've said before, a membership is needed, but obviously the outlay has to be recovered by using it.

I take my 15 yo when I can and buy off the site to make use of the discount. Fulham at Home in August I paid £18 with the £5 discount in SS2.
Huddersfield was a tenner, £28 for Everton.
Not sure what the difference between Fulham and Burnley tbh and they should be priced the same.

Matchday prices are a joke but then again, so are S/T's but that is how it has gone.
If only there was some big investigation into pricing and the corrupt organisations but no one gives a shit.

PL ffp is only gonna affect fans and the authorities will do fuck all about it. Squeeze every last penny from the supporters.

Burnley didn't return tickets, they didn't ask for them. The club has a block of 1,000 that the away club needs to take after they sell level 1 and 2. If they take it and don't sell 50%+ they pay for them anyway. City want that to put them off as they can sell them at double the price to home fans (in theory).

Burnley sold out all the allocation they took.
Looking on the planner there seems to be tickets available in Level 1 and 2 of the away section?
What exactly have Burnley sold level 3? It's all a bit weird this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.