Seat counters 2023/24

That’s fair enough mate. But it Still doesn’t explain or excuse the ridiculous ticket prices for the game at this time of year, midweek, and against Burnley.

Hypothetical know. As it stands from what the seat counters are posting, if the NS was expanded now there could be between 10,000 and 11,000 seats for sale for the game atm.(depending on how City would sell the additional 8000 NS seats)

We can say what world do the people running City live in? They live in the real world just like we do. And yet they still sell the tickets at those prices knowing full well the match isn’t going to sell out with 1000’s of seats still unsold.
And on restrictive sale still…. Its potty

Reactions: jrb
True, but I think the Burnley game is an outlier. Midweek, in winter, Burnley returned nearly half their allocation, more fans than normal have put their ticket on the exchange for resale, and the cheapest adult ticket is £61.

Put all that together and it’s going to be a hard sell even for fans who don’t normally get much of a sniff for league games. And the midweek kick-off against a team not considered one of the bigger clubs in the league (no offence to Burnley) isn’t going to attract too many tourists either.
And train strikes, it's 7.30 on tv. I'm not going and have listed.

That’s fair enough mate. But it Still doesn’t explain or excuse the ridiculous ticket prices for the game at this time of year, midweek, and against Burnley.

Hypothetical know. As it stands from what the seat counters are posting, if the NS was expanded now there could be between 10,000 and 11,000 seats for sale for the game atm.(depending on how City would sell the additional 8000 NS seats)

We can say what world do the people running City live in? They live in the real world just like we do. And yet they still sell the tickets at those prices knowing full well the match isn’t going to sell out with 1000’s of seats still unsold.
Yeah, just to make it clear that I’m not defending the ticket prices for this one in any way. Whoever signed off on that, knowing it was always going to be a midweek game in January, is an idiot IMO. Pricing based on weekend games that then get rearranged to midweek is one thing but this was always going to be a hard sell.

Reactions: jrb
Yeah, just to make it clear that I’m not defending the ticket prices for this one in any way. Whoever signed off on that, knowing it was always going to be a midweek game in January, is an idiot IMO. Pricing based on weekend games that then get rearranged to midweek is one thing but this was always going to be a hard sell.

Didn't think you were mate. You've got more common sense than the idiot who signed this off. We all have. :-)

It was sold out originally, they then added the exchange seats, Burnley returns and suspected hospitality returns earlier this month.
It wasn’t sold out originally, it was never up as sold out on the website, neither are Brentford, Villa, Luton or Wolves. The initial euphoria that lead to the frenzy when the first batch of tickets went on sale in July has worn off. A friend of mine who doesn’t have a season ticket struggled for tickets in the first half of the season he was either getting them through the supporters club or picking up returns, for the second half of the season he has got the same seat for every game barring one.

The prices and the way the tickets are sold is unsustainable. It’s grossly expensive, it leads to empty seats and a shite atmosphere.

It wasn’t sold out originally, it was never up as sold out on the website, neither are Brentford, Villa, Luton or Wolves. The initial euphoria that lead to the frenzy when the first batch of tickets went on sale in July has worn off. A friend of mine who doesn’t have a season ticket struggled for tickets in the first half of the season he was either getting them through the supporters club or picking up returns, for the second half of the season he has got the same seat for every game barring one.

The prices and the way the tickets are sold is unsustainable. It’s grossly expensive, it leads to empty seats and a shite atmosphere.
There was no tickets showing the week before Christmas as i tried to buy one - although if there was i wouldnt have purchased at that price either.

Obviously that's what City want? ;-)

Those have no tickets left, it doesn't go up as sold out now if it is a PL Home game as there will be exchange tickets.

Burnley was exactly the same, no tickets left, but the away allocations are repurposed in the last month, then various seats held back for players, hospitality etc are put on along with Exchange seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.