Seat Counters - 2023/24

the ground doesn’t hold 90000 anymore, more press boxes put in, last year more serration cut the crowd to 83000
The crowds for the final have been complete sell outs but decline every year, whilst the League Cup final still got 89k in Feb.
Do any blues ever source the club Wembley seats not part of the allocation, never seems many blues in those
A few used to get seats through MyWembley but they stopped it when everyone cottoned on for Wigan in 2013.

Do any blues ever source the club Wembley seats not part of the allocation, never seems many blues in those
It was interesting when we beat Chelsea on pens in the League Cuo. That was one time I remember our fans dominating the middle tier and really outnumbering Chelski. It might have happened against Wigan and Stoke in the Cup too.

Fair enough.

That’s still ‘23,000’ tickets being siphoned off by the FA.
Less than it used to be.
From what I remember, in the old days (1960s - 1980s) when the old Wembley held 100000 the clubs got 25000 each and the FA shared the other 50000 with every single club and league in the country. Loads of those tickets would end up with the clubs in the final because lots of recipients would sell them on.
Some things haven’t changed.

Reactions: jrb
I personally have never had a problem with the FA using the cup final as a way thanking the wider football community with an opportunity to watch their showpiece game.

There’s thousands of people who dedicate huge chunks of their life to keeping football running at grassroots level. Mainly at a level a million miles away from the handful of clubs that usually make the final.

Whether you agree with it or not, the final isn’t just about the two finalists and their supporters.

I personally have never had a problem with the FA using the cup final as a way thanking the wider football community with an opportunity to watch their showpiece game.

There’s thousands of people who dedicate huge chunks of their life to keeping football running at grassroots level. Mainly at a level a million miles away from the handful of clubs that usually make the final.

Whether you agree with it or not, the final isn’t just about the two finalists and their supporters.
Yeah, that’s a valid take tbf.

A lot of those people don’t use their FA Cup final tickets. They pass them on or sell them on. That’s the problem. People who don’t support either club aren’t going to pay for travel to Wembley, drink, food and a hotel. It’s far easier to sell their tickets for a couple of hundred quid to a third party ticket touting website and watch the match at home, or pass the ticket on to somebody who hasn’t worked at grass roots level football, doesn’t support either team, and just wants to go to an FA Cup final. Once the tickets are distributed by the FA they couldn’t give two shits where the tickets end up, and who has got the tickets. I bet a fair chunk of FA Cup final tickets aren’t used at all, with some people not even bothering to sell them on or to give them away.

A lot of those people don’t use their FA Cup final tickets. They pass them on or sell them on. That’s the problem. People who don’t support either club aren’t going to pay for travel to Wembley, drink, food and a hotel. It’s far easier to sell their tickets for a couple of hundred quid to a third party ticket touting website and watch the match at home, or pass the ticket on to somebody who hasn’t worked at grass roots level football, doesn’t support either team, and just wants to go to an FA Cup final. Once the tickets are distributed by the FA they couldn’t give two shits where the tickets end up, and who has got the tickets. I bet a fair chunk of FA Cup final tickets aren’t used at all, with some people not even bothering to sell them on or to give them away.
They are not free. I wouldn't go out of my way to pay £145 a ticket and then let them not be used.

You get them in twos, so £290 just to waste them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.