Seat Listed on Ticket Exchange - not showing for purchase!

Thought I would use this existing thread rather than create something new. Cant make the game on Saturday so put our two seats up for sale on the ticket exchange at 9.43am, they were sold by 9.49am. Bloody good scheme and well administered by the club. I can't understand why any season ticket holders that can't make a match wouldn't use it.

It's baffling why some can't be arsed putting their ticket up on the exchange. Granted, it will be more difficult to sell a seat for say, Watford at home, in midweek than the Newcastle game on Saturday but it's still worth putting them up for sale

Thought I would use this existing thread rather than create something new. Cant make the game on Saturday so put our two seats up for sale on the ticket exchange at 9.43am, they were sold by 9.49am. Bloody good scheme and well administered by the club. I can't understand why any season ticket holders that can't make a match wouldn't use it.

Beacause most people usually just give them to friends/family.

If your x2 seats are together that makes significant difference in sell on potential v club for sale tickets

Beacause most people usually just give them to friends/family.
That wouldn't explain the 'empty seats' obviously 'owned' by season ticket holders that just don't turn up. There are three behind us in 1st level East Stand that are 75% empty. When they are used its the same youngish family. Just don't understand why they don't use the ticket exchange and get the seats to someone who would want to use them.

What I don't understand is why the club restricts the use of the ticket exchange to six premier league games. Does anyone know the rationale behind that?

Presumably to discourage people buying season tickets then only attending a handful of games.
Some people genuinely can’t get to every one. 12/13 games is hardly a handful and when your limits up then that creates an empty seat. For those of us that live hundreds of miles away, it’s not easy just giving your card to friends or family.

Overall, it is a good facility, but not without its flaws, particularly the rule about withdrawing the seat from sale 3 hours before kickoff. That struck me recently as being very odd, when I had a seat on the Ticket Exchange for a Saturday 3pm game, but received an email at noon advising that the seat had not been sold. Yet when I arrived at the ground about 2.15/2.30, the "sold out" signs were up.

The end-product was me going into the ground with a spare seasoncard and, probably, some fans outside who were unable to get in. And before anyone suggests trying to sell it/give it away outside the ground, there is the risk of being mistaken for a ticket tout and being arrested!

Anyone understand the underlying logic for this 3 hour cut-off point?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.