Sebastian Coe v Steve Ovett

Coe seemed like the young gentleman who was groomed to represent his country, while Ovett seemed like the lad who used to win on the grass track on Sports Day and then made good on the “tartan track” when they let him on!

Preferred Brendan Foster over both of them. He seemed like an old fella who, like Forrest Gump, could just keep on running!

That seemed like the golden age of athletics, especially middle distance running.

Now, I have to admit that Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone is my jam!

Coe seemed like the young gentleman who was groomed to represent his country, while Ovett seemed like the lad who used to win on the grass track on Sports Day and then made good on the “tartan track” when they let him on!

Preferred Brendan Foster over both of them. He seemed like an old fella who, like Forrest Gump, could just keep on running!

That seemed like the golden age of athletics, especially middle distance running.

Brendan Fosters big problem at world level was that he was one-paced, no finish.

Coe at the time over ovett, feels like a shite choice now . However Elliott over both for me , didn’t have the same talent but made up with determination. Cram was class . Cook alternated between the 400 and the 800 but married Kathy (nee Smallwood ?)so for that pisses over all of the above at that time !!

I was only trying to explain this rivalry to my lad yesterday. How Great Britain had the two best in the world. Followed on by Steve Cram
We’re on the verge of another great era in middle distance running. I remember Cram v Said Aouita. We now have Josh Kerr v Jacob Ingebrigtsen.

Great post and I concur.

Not about Sydney, don’t know who the lad is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.