Secret things the squad have been working on in training

pinkwheeltrim said:
Pah! Pressing, fitness, none of these things are secret!

Barry and Joe's rubber fun nights at Club Lash are a secret!

Kolarov brewing moonshine in a derelict barn on Saddleworth Moor is a secret!

Vinny's international smuggling of Plastic Bertrand albums is a chuffing secret!!!!!

Shite thread!
You start one then.

I was referring to Lescott's own words.

And in regards to other fans comments about it being the norm for players fitness to crop up with a new manager that is true, but it's to be taken more seriously when the comments come unsolicited from the players.

I think we will find that City will play with a higher intensity this season -hence the training sessions - and a huge hint comes from Barry's place in the scheme of things

I hope opposition managers don't read this or we're screwed.

I think Pellegrini has clearly made them work extremely hard. The fitter the players are the better. The Arsenal game came at the end of a tough week, they will have tapered this week and concentrated on football drills and should be buzzing tonight. If we are playing a high intensity pressing game this will see us play at a higher intensity in general when we have the ball as well. The title winning season we kept a high intensity and didn't stop at 2 or 3-0 we kept going. Last season we kept the ball well but didn't take our chances. With the players signed and Pellegrini's methods I think we will create better chances and score more goals again. We will still maintain the ability to control the game with our possession. I am very excited, I like the way everyone is looking at Chelsea and Mourinho and stilll questioning Pellegrini. What everyone forgets is we clearly were not a side that shouldve finished that far behind united, there is not a point deficit to make up. We were the best squad in the league and we are even better now. Chelsea in the centre of the park and defensively are not as strong as we are. If we can bring in a left back and centre back this is our league to lose!

Something I thought was noticable with us under Mancini was that we seemed to progressively get fitter through the season. By the time the last ten or so games came we seemed to be playing at a much higher intensity than at any other time in the season.

Yaya is the best judge of how for the team was under Mancini. I always thought he was slow and lethargic up until about October, then he'd start putting in his good performances every now and again in the Winter, then by the end of the season he was the best player in the team.

I think pre-season should be the hardest you train all season. By the last half of pre-season there should be double and triple sessions with lots of high intensity sprints and power lifting. You should be going into pre-season games with muscle or glycogen fatigue and be running on low energy stores in the pre-season training games - like the one against Arsenal - as a kind of training in itself; testing the body to a high level.

Marvin said:
pinkwheeltrim said:
Pah! Pressing, fitness, none of these things are secret!

Barry and Joe's rubber fun nights at Club Lash are a secret!

Kolarov brewing moonshine in a derelict barn on Saddleworth Moor is a secret!

Vinny's international smuggling of Plastic Bertrand albums is a chuffing secret!!!!!

Shite thread!
You start one then.

I was referring to Lescott's own words.

And in regards to other fans comments about it being the norm for players fitness to crop up with a new manager that is true, but it's to be taken more seriously when the comments come unsolicited from the players.

I think we will find that City will play with a higher intensity this season -hence the training sessions - and a huge hint comes from Barry's place in the scheme of things

If Barry struggles with Highlines them Garcia will have to call a a taxi too. The only way he tracks back and keeps up with a striker at full pace is of he has a gun and shoots him.

I think Rodwell will be our main choice from out of Barry, Garcia and himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.