Seeing blues that you don't know in public

when i'm on holiday and only on holiday i have a tendancy to shout "blue army"
if i see a fellow blue

On the other side of the coin, I think rag shirts on kids make them lose all of their innocenc and I just want to kick them in the head.
Same goes for scruffy tramp-like part time rags, who havent got any clothes but just wear a rag shirt from 2001 jsut so they think they will be accepted, makes me sick.

Had a delivery driver deliver a packet to me the other day, and when i went to the door to get it off him, we ended up having about a 20 min conversation about city, and that happened just coz i was wearing my shirt. I've also had it happen to me when i'm just out and about, WE ARE TOP TOP PEOPLE.

Football shirts are an acknowlegment of tribalism between fans. It doesn't matter what colour, sex or social status they are, as long as they've got God's own shirt on their backs there's an instant affinity between all fans.

I remember back in 2005 when I joined my old gym, I walked in with my City shirt on and it was like one of those Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns where everything and everybody stopped and looked at me!!! I just composed myself and got on with my workout.

It was a great Ice-breaker because over the course of that first week, everyone came over to me asking how the fuck could I wear a City shirt in public!!! I told the lot of them that I didn't give a shit and that every dog has its day and one day we'd be back on top where we belonged!!! They pissed themselves laughing but I didn't care one bit........... I know we haven't won anything yet, but who's laughing now!!!!

shopping in tesco,s when a young lad tugged my city shirt & pointed to his dad in same shirt nice to see a fellow blue in pontypridd

Balti said:
I always let on to those in colours and say 'great shirt' or whatever to the kids. My daughter is interailing right now and saw another Blue on Charles Bridge in Prague. As they walked past each other they grinned and high fived.

Prague is Blue.

Yes, there are a few of us

metalblue said:
same, always make a point of letting them know I am a blue and have had it happen to me plenty of times as well - we're just a top bunch of fans, we have a bond of respect, we know that supporting gods own is not a right - it's a privilege, never seen it from other fans and the first time i bump into a city fan wearing a shirt and don't get that mutual respect back or get that lost look i'll know the glory hunters have arrived
Quality. Lump in the throat

Has anyone actually had a city player let on to them?

About three years ago I was walking down Kings Street in Manchester in my retro City shirt with my ex girlfriend. Heading towards me in the distance was a youngish looking lad alongside a girl of a similar age. Because of the distance at which I saw them I didnt really pay any attention and carried on walking straight ahead.

As they were just going past me the lad said, "nice shirt mate." I looked behind and it was Nedum. He gave me a wink and I said "Cheers Ned."

It really made my day. My ex couldn't believe how excited I was from what she saw as "some random lad" commenting on my shirt.

Nedum is a great player and a true blue. I really hope we don't lose him this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.