Seeing the same band/artist over and over and over

Have seen some bands many times too. Earliest being Queen, who I saw 17 times from 1974. The last time being the 1986 final Tour at Maine Road. (Only went out of habit really, as fir me it felt like they were going through the motions, and the Want To Break Ga Ga Magic material was bland and playing it safe for the masses who adored them from Live Aid. Actually left early)

Have literally lost count how many times we have seen Ian McNabb, with Icicle Works, solo acoustic, solo electric, and with various bands backing him (Even Crazy Horse!) .... always different sets, banter and just top gigs.

@Mad Eyed Screamer has seen Morrissey over 50 times!?!

Is that circa 75-100 hours of Morrissey live (and how many of those shirts have been amassed)?
On 52 with 3 coming up next month....
Though in terms of Moz fan Fandom that isn't a number to brag about.... many I know have done 100 plus.
Most I did in one year was 14 including 5 in in 7 gays (Halifax, 3 x Manchester and Grimsby) in 2006

On 52 with 3 coming up next month....
Though in terms of Moz fan Fandom that isn't a number to brag about.... many I know have done 100 plus.
Most I did in one year was 14 including 5 in in 7 gays (Halifax, 3 x Manchester and Grimsby) in 2006

Morrissey would approve.

I've seen Noel Gallagher 9 times since he's gone solo

Just guaranteed to have a good night, go with the Mrs usually who loves him, nice meal beforehand, few beers. that'll do me.

Football fans will go to 19 home games plus how ever many away games (home and abroad) every year yet some don't get doing the same following a band on tour. Of course the opposition are different and outcome unknown but the hero worship / devotion plus the beers and travelling with friends experience are the same.
Other than the beers/friends aspect I'm not having that it's the same or even similar to following a football team.

Football can give random, unexpected moments of joy and elation. There's also the anticipation and nerves leading up to a game against a rival or to win a trophy. A gig, although great just doesn't hit those highs the same way. Especially a gig that you've already been to if your following a particular tour.

A run of gigs watching different bands at a festival maybe might bring a level of anticipation that's similar but I can't see how watching the same set by the same band/artist would.

Marillion around 60 times I would think, did start in 1982 though, also Fish solo maybe 15 times, other than those, no band more than 2 or 3 times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.