Self-employed & Coronavirus

And what if said Ltd company didn't have the cash at bank to pay off the employee/shareholder, but I could loan that cash to my company?

Could I loan it £20k, the business then hands it to my wife as a pay-off, and the business owes me £20k which is could never hope to pay back - can I offset the debt against tax?

If you loaned Zin £20k and he didn't pay you back, do you think you could deduct that from your income tax?

Cash job's i.e. taking cash for work done and not declaring it as income (for VAT or income tax) are illegal and quite different to operating in what is, legally, the most tax efficient way.

Customers are entitled to pay cash; it's not their responsibility to account for that.
You do know its the customer who wants to pay the cash so they can miss the vat out don't you!

I know lots: I'm a qualified accountant.
Then you should know its the customers who push this way of paying. Yet the advice your profession has given ltd company directors has left us in the sh#t.
I'm not blaming your profession, just highlighting the irony of an accountant giving a high tax payer advice on cash.

It doesn't mean you are not paying your taxes though does it pal.
I'm sick of all these people claiming the self employed are tax dodgers when the opposite is true.
The only reason we have gone down the dividend route is through the advice from accountants. Dividends as you will know are still liable for tax.
I don't know too much about Ltd company procedure. Im sure it has its benefits somewhere along the line otherwise people wouldn't do it....Been SE for 28 years as Sole Trader and am now in ptnrshp with her indoors

You do know Zin turns seven figures, right?

He bailed me out recently!

I didn't but I'm not surprised.

My point being, that as a private individual, it's not a deductible as far as I am aware.

As mentioned above, I am a qualified accountant but I don't work in practice and I am not a personal tax expert or permitted to advise on the subject.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.