Self-employed & Coronavirus

It won't apply to me only gone back self employed about 8/9mths after years of being self employed, and won't be going for UC either,to much hassle

I am in the same boat. I can’t work from home either so I’m minimising my costs as far as possible. I was working a day or 2 a week until the last few days but now I’ve knocked work on the head for the foreseeable future.

I am in the same boat. I can’t work from home either so I’m minimising my costs as far as possible. I was working a day or 2 a week until the last few days but now I’ve knocked work on the head for the foreseeable future.

It's so fked up,I am piggy in the middle,yes SE,but for the last few years Paye,yet I will get fk all,paid a hell of a lot off tax to the system,2years ago my stoppages were £650-750pw,it really pisses me off the cunts who play the system and get the fking lot..
So I will be forced at looking at working well before this shit is over(restrictions)and having to take a chance health wise..

https://www.gov.scot/news/additional-support-for-business/

In case there is anything of use to anyone.

The media reports say a big chunk of it is for people that have recently become self employed, and newly set up small businesses, seemingly over and above the existing nationwide schemes available, due to scotland having a larger number of small businesses.

Whether the detail matches that, haven't read that far into it.

I may be going out of business :(

No work coming in, nobody paid me for weeks and no help available.

How many clients do you have and are they all in the same sector..?

Around 40 clients, various sectors but they are all suffering big time. Most of them have been able to furlough staff though and to get the £10K grant that's available. There's no work for the vast majority of them though which means no work for me of course. A couple have already started proceedings to liquidate.

Around 40 clients, various sectors but they are all suffering big time. Most of them have been able to furlough staff though and to get the £10K grant that's available. There's no work for the vast majority of them though which means no work for me of course. A couple have already started proceedings to liquidate.
This is what I feared. Despite the financial support (which doesn't reach all areas anyway), it's inevitable that loads of businesses will go under.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.