Semi-final draw: City v Arsenal 3pm Sunday confirmed

I'm still hoping for Saturday, I'm sure City would prefer the Saturday also if the scum game is to follow midweek.

From the OS

Manchester City’s FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal will kick off at 3pm on Sunday 23 April.

Wembley Stadium will host the tie and the FA has also confirmed it will be broadcast live on BT Sport.

Only the fourth FA Cup fixture between the two sides, they will face each other in the last four for the first time, 46 years on from their previous meeting in the competition.

Colin Bell scored for the Blues at Maine Road that day, but a Charlie George brace saw the away side emerge victorious from their fifth round clash.

This will be the second time the two teams have battled it out at the home of English football, with the Gunners winning the 2014 Community Shield encounter 3-0.

Ticket info for the FA Cup Semi Final will be available on mancity.com in due course.

Fuck sake. Do they not use their brains? London Marathon on that day, its going to be a nightmare getting down and back. Considering all the other teams are from down there it would of been so much easier to give us Saturday

Update:
Been told it's fact now albeit it hasn't been officially released

Spot on info that mate.

It's a mixed bag for our lot this - suits me and a couple of other mates as we can get the Monday off work and the hotel rooms are cheaper on a Sunday as opposed to the Saturday, but a couple of our mates can't get the time off so it counts them out

Sunday 3pm sounds good to me. I'm not sure why people want a 5.30 kick off on a Saturday. At least you don't have to rush for a train back on the Sunday.

Plus it is the missus birthday on the Saturday so gets me out of the doghouse!

It's a fucking joke!
2 London teams playing on the Saturday and our fans have to go on a fucking Sunday!

It's a fucking joke!
2 London teams playing on the Saturday and our fans have to go on a fucking Sunday!

Yep but i presume they dont want two london clubs raveling across london the same day as the london marathon - most london fans would go on the tube etc whereas they will expect 50% of the city/ars match (ie us!) to not be having to go through london ie use coaches and come straight from the north.

Still annoying it's the sunday, but central london wise that's prob part of their reasons.

Spot on info that mate.

It's a mixed bag for our lot this - suits me and a couple of other mates as we can get the Monday off work and the hotel rooms are cheaper on a Sunday as opposed to the Saturday, but a couple of our mates can't get the time off so it counts them out

Cough cough!!

Cheers pal, I get some good 'insider' stuff but don't post it due to some of the vitriol people get
I posted in good faith and the source was good!

I'll be in NYC that weekend so it's The Mad Hatter for us!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.