Semi-final draw: City v Arsenal 3pm Sunday confirmed

i dont want to derial the thread. but why are you linking the two ? is st georges day only for bigots ? should english people not celebrate it. what about st patricks days is that alright ?

I didn't mention St George's day. However the far rights main song for EDL marches etc is always the St George one.

Anyway I will be celebrating Shakespeares birth and death on the same day drinking mead, and I have a bottle of Connemara for friday also so I have.

The main thing for me is a Sunday evening game in London is more hassle than a Friday one, win the Sat game and sit back on Sunday watching the cockneys kick the shit out of each other again.

I didn't mention St George's day. However the far rights main song for EDL marches etc is always the St George one.

Anyway I will be celebrating Shakespeares birth and death on the same day drinking mead, and I have a bottle of Connemara for friday also so I have.

The main thing for me is a Sunday evening game in London is more hassle than a Friday one, win the Sat game and sit back on Sunday watching the cockneys kick the shit out of each other again.

fair enough, but again so what, most people dont care about the far right and they have nothing to do with st georges day imo. its just a day to celebrate being english, like the scottish, irish and welsh celebrate there nationality too.

i agree with your second point, it would be so much better to play on the saturday.

Last train back to Manchester leaves at 21.00. If we kick off at 5.30 then without extra time the game will finish around 7.25 which will be just about ok to reach Euston. With extra time then it would be pushing it to catch the last train. Would Virgin / the club lay on extra trains?

In 2011 I made it back to Kings Cross within 45mins of the final whistle. That included a 10 min delay waiting for the mounted police to scatter the united yobs. And there were most of the united fans ahead of me in the queue for the underground. Still touch and go if it goes to pens.

To be honest I'd prefer the Sunday and or an earlier kick off. How does a 5.30 kick off help fans? Like they give a shit. I ain't going on a coach, can't make the last train if extra time and so that leaves driving which last time was a long day. Staying over isn't an option on this one for me.

After what they saw tonight v Monaco, I bet the gooners can't wait to play us. We have zero defence. It's like a free shot at goal with every attack.

The gooners aren't Monaco though. They attach with pace down the flanks, then it's all the way back
to the halfway line and tip tap their way back forward. Plenty of time to have a fag and get back ;-)

Trying to get this confirmed, but here's what i was told yesterday from a usually very reliable source close to the club (Please don't shoot the f'kin messenger here guys!)
Arse Semi-Final will be on the Sunday with a 3.00pm KO.
United will be on 26 April
West Brom will be midweek, between the Leicester & Watford games.

Should be St Edmund as patron saint. He was born here, lived here and died here which are 3 things you cannot say about that George chap. It was him until Richard III went off on his crusades and decided to change after visiting the tomb of George and then winning a battle.
November 20th, flag with a white dragon on it, St Edmunds day. Could change the dirge of an anthem as well, whilst we're at it..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.