Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every time we go forward Phil makes a great run but they won't pass the ball to him
That’s the main problem & why he sometimes looks out of it. He makes the runs - as he does for us - but there’s nobody good enough to spot it & send a decent pass. Rice is so slow & Bellend just looks out for himself when he’s not rolling around or diving

I don't think he understands where he's supposed to be playing. It's like Southgate has said to him you're free to drift into space and trippier will provide the width but where ever he goes he's in someone else's spot.

Think Bellingham is a twat but he's looked much better, but I think it's because he's happier drifting into others space whilst foden is self-conscious of it

The ball is being played down the right wing . There is no ball up the left. It doesn’t help that we have a right back playing leftback so his natural pass is in field not wide.

Foden and this England set up are like oil and water, this just doesn't work. He seems pretty much lost with no specific task given. I could swallow it actually if he hasn't been completely different player in City shirt. And to be the player of the season in the PL and yet looking like a complete stranger in this team, something is off. Every single England game he's been playing looks like it's his first.

Without Shaw effectively playing as a left winger, we’d arguably be better with Gordon on the left than Phil. Phil will only be able to shine with Shaw playing left wing as it frees him that little bit more. I’d expect Gordon for Phil at some point in the second half, with Trippier then staying deeper.
Phil's strength is those little bits of interplay with other attacking players, which is hard to do when you don't have any other attacking players on your side of the pitch. Saka's strength is taking players on as an individual, which is why he always looks the best player in a team where there's isn't much in the way of attacking patterns. It's also why Grealish always looked so good, because of his dribbling. Kane has clearly been told to stay up top and not get involved in the build up, so if Foden wants to do something, it's basically up to him to try and do what Saka does and take on defenders, which is not his game. Add to that the lack of a full back. But at least we have the defensive solidity and world class passing that TAA brings. One mistake leading to a chance, and zero decent passes so far, as far as I can tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.