Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately, also think Phil will get dropped.
Also agree that there will once again, be 2 defensive midfielders.
But, considering England are playing Slovenia, there is not a necessity to have 2 defensive midfielders.
This should be the game in the group, for Southgate to experiment, as Slovenia are the weakest team in it.
Bet, Southgate picks Rice & Gallagher though.
The media desire for Gordon to play wide on the left (instead of Phil) seems greater then to play Palmer on the right (replacing Saka) ?
Drop Foden and England take away a player who scored 19 goals this season.
How many goals did Saka, Gordon or Palmer (without penalties) score ?

Saka last season apparently scored 20 and assisted 14 in all comps (I know there are some question marks over transfermarkt's accuracy, so someone feel free to correct that if it's wrong). On the same site Phil has 27 goals 12 assists. It's not a world apart especially given Saka is generally good for England, but if you were going purely on club G/A sure, Phil shouldn't be dropped.

I'm not against giving Gordon a run at left wing, but I don't think it will magically solve all the problems on the left that people are hoping. We have a control issue in midfield and until that is remedied games are always going to be more of a coin toss than we'd like (or that as City fans we're used to).

I'd much rather see what Wharton can do against Slovenia, with only one of Rice or Bellingham at 8, Foden at 10, Gordon on the left and Saka on the right. Never in a million years will he not play both of his golden boys though so it's fairly moot.

Saka last season apparently scored 20 and assisted 14 in all comps (I know there are some question marks over transfermarkt's accuracy, so someone feel free to correct that if it's wrong). On the same site Phil has 27 goals 12 assists. It's not a world apart especially given Saka is generally good for England, but if you were going purely on club G/A sure, Phil shouldn't be dropped.

I'm not against giving Gordon a run at left wing, but I don't think it will magically solve all the problems on the left that people are hoping. We have a control issue in midfield and until that is remedied games are always going to be more of a coin toss than we'd like (or that as City fans we're used to).

I'd much rather see what Wharton can do against Slovenia, with only one of Rice or Bellingham at 8, Foden at 10, Gordon on the left and Saka on the right. Never in a million years will he not play both of his golden boys though so it's fairly moot.

Rice hasn't been trusted as a 6 with no support. there is no chance he will allow Wharton to do that solo with people playing as 8s. It should be Rice as the 6, Bellingham 8, helping Rice and getting forward when possible and Foden as the 10. An actual left winger would help more than I think you give credit for. Absolutely everything goes down our right and we are incredibly predictable. Foden drifts central so we have no attackers on the left, only a right footed full back behind. He simply doesn't trust us defensively. He never has, always two holders or 5 at the back. Like many I would have rather us being the attackers and teams worrying about us. We concede goals and many chances regardless, we should use the best form of defence and that is to attack. Won't happen but will be the reason Southgate is out of a job in a few weeks and far too late in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.