Serena Williams

Johnsonontheleft said:
The simple fact is that she's bigger and more powerful than most other women tennis players. It gives her an unfair advantage IMO, and has made the final a boring non-event. Her opponent looks like a woman, Serena looks (from a distance, on TV) like a man.

I'm not doubting that Serena Williams is a lovely human being - she probably is.

Navratilova was the same, before any cretin accuses me of racism.

The only way around it is to introduce weight categories as in boxing.

So training hard, working out, and being professional is a sin? I thought that was how you made it to the top in your sport. Maybe Yaya Toure should be kicked out of football, because he's too big and powerful, an unfair advantage.

And who gives cares what she looks like?

Unknown_Genius said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
The simple fact is that she's bigger and more powerful than most other women tennis players. It gives her an unfair advantage IMO, and has made the final a boring non-event. Her opponent looks like a woman, Serena looks (from a distance, on TV) like a man.

I'm not doubting that Serena Williams is a lovely human being - she probably is.

Navratilova was the same, before any cretin accuses me of racism.

The only way around it is to introduce weight categories as in boxing.

So training hard, working out, and being professional is a sin? I thought that was how you made it to the top in your sport. Maybe Yaya Toure should be kicked out of football, because he's too big and powerful, an unfair advantage.

And who gives cares what she looks like?

I don't care what she looks like, I just think she gains an unfair advantage due to her size. Some have said that it takes more than brute strength to win the Wimbledon ladies title - absolutely, she's a phenomenal tennis player.

My point is that her being built like a man gives her a better chance than most of the other women. If it didn't, then there would be no reason to split the men and women up.

Ricky Hatton could out fight most 20 stone blokes in a pub - this doesn't mean that Ricky Hatton should be having to fight against heavyweight boxers, because they would be gaining an advantage.

I care what she looks like, she offends my eyes and ears when she loses with her petulent and ungracious manner.

She is a good player but as a person i would leave the room if she entered.

Most men care what the women look like Unknown_Genius lets be honest.
Suffice to say any top ten sexiest female player list she is in was made by Mr Magoo.

Give me Maria Kirilenko all day long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.