Serena Williams

The simple fact is that she's bigger and more powerful than most other women tennis players. It gives her an unfair advantage IMO, and has made the final a boring non-event. Her opponent looks like a woman, Serena looks (from a distance, on TV) like a man.

I'm not doubting that Serena Williams is a lovely human being - she probably is.

Navratilova was the same, before any cretin accuses me of racism.

The only way around it is to introduce weight categories as in boxing.

Johnsonontheleft said:
The simple fact is that she's bigger and more powerful than most other women tennis players. It gives her an unfair advantage IMO, and has made the final a boring non-event. Her opponent looks like a woman, Serena looks (from a distance, on TV) like a man.

I'm not doubting that Serena Williams is a lovely human being - she probably is.

Know nowt load of bollocks this is

dazdon said:
849227343.jpg

Wow, looks like they've spent the evening with Didactic and he 'deuced' them.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:41 pm --<br /><br />
Johnsonontheleft said:

Or maybe just play underarm.

Johnsonontheleft said:

Navratilova was actually much smaller in real life than she looked on the screen. She was a fantastic player that introduced a more aggressive technique into the womens game, probably building on what Billy Jean King had done a few years earlier. She was a breath of fresh air and i always preferred to watch Navratilova rather than Evert's base line monotony.

I can't say I like power or brute strength in either the men's or the women's game, but true champions are much more than that.

Johnsonontheleft said:

What a load of shit.

If she is so dominant, why is it she can be beaten, and if i remember correctly, her sister years ago used to dominate her, yet she is alot smaller.

Its not just about power.

mackenzie said:
Johnsonontheleft said:

Navratilova was actually much smaller in real life than she looked on the screen. She was a fantastic player that introduced a more aggressive technique into the womens game, probably building on what Billy Jean King had done a few years earlier. She was a breath of fresh air and i always preferred to watch Navratilova rather than Evert's base line monotony.

I can't say I like power or brute strength in either the men's or the women's game, but true champions are much more than that.

I could stand back there and smash it as hard as possible but i would only get about 3 in. People dont realise how much skill it takes to smash a ball while running keep in control and in the court. If it was so easy bodybuilders would be grand slam champions

BoyBlue_1985 said:
mackenzie said:
Johnsonontheleft said:

I could stand back there and smash it as hard as possible but i would only get about 3 in. People dont realise how much skill it takes to smash a ball while running keep in control and in the court. If it was so easy bodybuilders would be grand slam champions

Yep.

If you don't have a wonderful technique, coupled with incredible eye/hand co ordination then you won't stand a chance.

I also think that Serena is really pretty. She has cheekbones to die for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.