Serge Gnabry

Tbf a player who might want to play for us will always be an upgrade on a player who wants to leave now or run his contract down next season
Yes, of course, if Sterling wants to go and Gnabry wants to come, I’d have no issue with it, it’s where we are. But as 2 players I think Sterling has more ability and playing with Haaland would be better ,if he wanted to be.

Gnabry is nowhere near as quick as Raheem. Touch and dribbling doesnt seem in Mahrez's class. A much more selfish and able goalscorer than either, for sure.... but that sort of sounds like Alvarez, doesnt it? Hence, I dont really see it.

Coman, phew. Now there is a frightening thought. Sterling's pace, close to Mahrez with the ball at his feet. With two adept goalscorers already lined up for the front positions, thats probably what Id wish for. But wishes don't do dishes. Bayern would be nuts to let him go... right? Only thing is just how similair Coman looks to Mane.

Tough decisions coming up.

The last two years he has fewer goal involvements in Bundesliga, than Sterling has in PL, with the same amount of league games played. And thats on Sterlings ”off seasons” in a much better league in PL. Not sure how anyone thats watched Gnabry more than in a couple of CL trashings against shit competition can come to the conclusion that Gnabry is better, its simply a case of fans thinking the grass is always greener.
People are seriously overrating Gnabry and it is weird. His 19/20 season is doing a serious lifting on his bayern career and it is clear people just want a new shiny toy.

I still think if Sterling goes then we have a couple of very good pacy wingers in Borges and Mebude

People are seriously overrating Gnabry and it is weird. His 19/20 season is doing a serious lifting on his bayern career and it is clear people just want a new shiny toy.
I mean, its not like Gnabry is a bad player, or that he would be terrible if we signed him. I think he could do a decent job here. I just think it would be a bit uncharacteristic from City to replace a 27 year old leaving with another 27 year old unless its a clear improvement. The fact that Bayern would rather sell him than make him their 9th best paid player should tell us that that he is not the superstar some on this forum seems to think he is. Feels more like an Arsenal signing than a City one to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.