Sergio Agüero | Manchester City's All Time Top Goalscorer

Great player, scores a hat-trick and yet looks as if he's carrying too much weight lol.
Keep piling on the pounds if he keeps scoring

I agree with Karen 7. I would love to see Alan Shearer's stats for his goals broken down to the number of minutes played. Just think the number of games Sergio has missed through injury, he would have smashed Alan's record long ago, if only the club had given Sergio that operation on his knee a few years back, rather than have it last season.
If you do a comparison when Shearer was 30 (end of 2000/01 season) and look at both their full league careers (not just the Prem), Sergio is well ahead. 50 more league goals and 84 more goals in total. Per game goals are 0.56 for Sergio and 0.52 for Shearer, so he's well ahead on all measures, and to make the comparison fair we'd need to add on the rest of Aguero's goals for this season.

The guy is absolute class. Love how he takes a couple of weeks to get going again after an international / California shagging break.

Our best ever striker - think we can all agree on that one.

I can see him being here this season plus at least 2 more.

Where else could he go he would be this loved?

If you do a comparison when Shearer was 30 (end of 2000/01 season) and look at both their full league careers (not just the Prem), Sergio is well ahead. 50 more league goals and 84 more goals in total. Per game goals are 0.56 for Sergio and 0.52 for Shearer, so he's well ahead on all measures, and to make the comparison fair we'd need to add on the rest of Aguero's goals for this season.

We were talking about this in the car on way home last night,particulary in the teams that were once in the Prem that Shearer scored against,during his peak,but let's be honest,Sheff Wed,Ipswich,Barnsley,Coventry,Wimbledon's etc etc,it is far more tougher in the league these days,I'm not knocking Shearer,he was great at what he did,especially with his elbows the dirty bastard,but could he have done it in the modern era,it is debatable we concluded.

I think its time to bring back a old chant,which the last king had and make it Sergio,s..
"Let's drink a drink a drink a drink/For Sergio the King the King the King/He is the leader of Man City/He is the greatest center Forward/that the world has ever seen."

We were talking about this in the car on way home last night,particulary in the teams that were once in the Prem that Shearer scored against,during his peak,but let's be honest,Sheff Wed,Ipswich,Barnsley,Coventry,Wimbledon's etc etc,it is far more tougher in the league these days,I'm not knocking Shearer,he was great at what he did,especially with his elbows the dirty bastard,but could he have done it in the modern era,it is debatable we concluded.

To be fair though, Shearer was playing for Blackburn and Newcastle and although he had good players around him, he wasn't supplied by Silva, Yaya, DeBruyne, Sane, Sterling etc.

He did also suffer his fair share of injuries and it could be argued that defenders were tougher back then. Just saying like!

Love Kun btw, please don't ban me.

To be fair though, Shearer was playing for Blackburn and Newcastle and although he had good players around him, he wasn't supplied by Silva, Yaya, DeBruyne, Sane, Sterling etc.

He did also suffer his fair share of injuries and it could be argued that defenders were tougher back then. Just saying like!

Love Kun btw, please don't ban me.

No,you make some good and fair points there,but at Blackburn,they bought the league,and had a cracking side whilst he was there,but tough defenders or not,there was some shite teams he scored against,the PL was full of them at one stage,including us ! There was only 3 or 4 clubs that were decent,the other 16 were crap

No,you make some good and fair points there,but at Blackburn,they bought the league,and had a cracking side whilst he was there,but tough defenders or not,there was some shite teams he scored against,the PL was full of them at one stage,including us ! There was only 3 or 4 clubs that were decent,the other 16 were crap

Ok, fair enough, but I don't think it's debatable that he would have it in the modern era (260 prem goals may be pushing it) but he would walk into any stating XI in todays league (except maybe ours). Miles ahead of Lukaku, Firmino, Lacazette etc. Even better, imo, than the mighty Harry Kane!

I don't think there is any doubt whatsoever that Shearer could have done it now. Are you suggesting then that Harry Kane is better than Shearer at his peak? What seems to have been forgotten with Shearer is he had 3 major injuries so without them could have pissed past 300. The injury he got at Newcastle took his pace away at about 26/27 and he still bagged loads even after having to change his game. He was rarely in a great side too if ever really. Just thankful he never joined the scum or his figures would have been ridiculous and say would probably have more European cups.

Obviously love Serg and this k he's incredible!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.