Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
just 9 more league goals is all I ask Sergio, so you can leapfrog that all time great Emile Heskey in the Prem all time top scorer chart

Bit worried about his beard

Looking like David Mitchell didn't do Spanish Dave any favours last season

Sergio has been off his game for all of 2016. Certainly below his previous standards. The worrying thing for me is that he is consistently making the wrong decision on the ball. Particularly dribbling or shooting when a short pass would be the better option. I can't see that lasting under Pep. Firstly, he is too good a player for the dip to continue and secondly, a player who chooses the wrong option consistently over the good of the team won't be in Pep's team. Not that this will transpire with Sergio, he is too good not to adapt. I suspect that some of his poor form in 2016 was down to the knowledge and frustration that he was playing in a team that had been allowed to gradually lose its desire to compete over the previous 3 years. That's not an excuse but it certainly looked like it.

Anyway, if he stays fit then he will get back up to speed and score 25 this season. He was the worst player for City on Saturday though.

This is not meant to be negative because today's result was as good as we could have hoped, but are the two penalty misses concerning? I'd hate to see him not be supremely confident if he has to step up in a big spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.