Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he stays fit this year then i dread to think how many he could score this season. i hope i havent cursed him now :-(

i think 36 is the record and if he stays fit then thats beatable. maybe he will get in the team of the year then!

if he stays fit this year then i dread to think how many he could score this season. i hope i havent cursed him now :-(

i think 36 is the record and if he stays fit then thats beatable. maybe he will get in the team of the year then!

31 is the 38 game premier league record, shared by Shearer, Ronaldo & Suarez

thanks guys for pointing that out.......so only 31 to beat. If he stays fit then hes going to get into the 40's :-)

I think it's fantastic that Pep has had the balls to bring up the subject of his off the ball workrate.

It has been a big weakness in the team for some time imo along with Silva & Yaya in particular. They have got away with it. Serge & DS are now running their balls off & the difference it makes, is as much as a goal. It's fantastic to see. He is also getting his head up a little more imo.

Add that to the rest of his game & he is the absolute best imo.

Now if Pep can just persuade him to attack the 6 yard box more & the near post, he will get 60 goals. Would have had two more tap ins on Saturday.

I think it's fantastic that Pep has had the balls to bring up the subject of his off the ball workrate.

It has been a big weakness in the team for some time imo along with Silva & Yaya in particular. They have got away with it. Serge & DS are now running their balls off & the difference it makes, is as much as a goal. It's fantastic to see. He is also getting his head up a little more imo.

Add that to the rest of his game & he is the absolute best imo.

Now if Pep can just persuade him to attack the 6 yard box more & the near post, he will get 60 goals. Would have had two more tap ins on Saturday.
60 goals is going to make his chase down of Eric Brooks record this season a bit of an anticlimax :-(

60 goals is going to make his chase down of Eric Brooks record this season a bit of an anticlimax :-(

Indeed.

But if you look at the number of chances & half chances he is getting right now, then imagine him tapping those crosses from Sterling, Navas, DeBruyne etc into an empty net as well, tbh some of the goals he has scored are as at least twice as difficult as the chances, situations, he has missed out on.

He missed a couple of 12 yarders v Sunderland even. I recon there is potential for big improvement in the way we are finishing moves off, final ball plus finishing.

Serge could really fill his boots this season & go upto Messi, Ronaldo levels of scoring imo. If he stays fit.

Indeed.

But if you look at the number of chances & half chances he is getting right now, then imagine him tapping those crosses from Sterling, Navas, DeBruyne etc into an empty net as well, tbh some of the goals he has scored are as at least twice as difficult as the chances, situations, he has missed out on.

He missed a couple of 12 yarders v Sunderland even. I recon there is potential for big improvement in the way we are finishing moves off, final ball plus finishing.

Serge could really fill his boots this season & go upto Messi, Ronaldo levels of scoring imo. If he stays fit.
I agree, with the proviso that you suggest.

The stat I can't get my head around is that Aguero has now scored one Premier league goal more than Drogba (105) in 102 games less than Drogba, that is unbelievable in my book !
Had an argument with some tool on Facebook, who never replied, stating that Drogba was 10x the player of Sergio and that if you look closely, Aguero is nothing but a flat track bully who scored all of his goals against relegation teams. You can't deny Drogba's contributions in huge matches and finals and he was a beast, but come on; a flat track bully!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.