Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

It's going to be emotional when he leaves. What a player. The word legend is bandied about too much but he truly is and let's face it, in the mix for our greatest ever player.
However, I do think the time has come. It's too much of a risk to say he can get back to near where he was but equally we don't want him just to be a bit part player.
You're the best, will always love you Kun but the 10 cycle has come to an end.
And when we do raise a toast to Sergio let's drink to 10 YEARS of goals. We have been privileged

Was gutted he didn't get a Wembley swan song, but I suppose it was too tight to change things. I think had we been out of sight, he'd have got a run out.
Captain him in front of fans last home game.
And then the ultimate. It's in the stars for him. 10 years after his moment, he departs with the ultimate.

But maybe it's a case of the others we're aware it was time, whereas Aguero is hanging on when the reality is is perhaps is time to move one

It's hard to comment as he has played so little football but when he was on the pitch he was a mile off the pace

Yes the only way he can get up to speed is by playing but once again injuries have curbed all momentum

Hes 33 in June, he's been playing high level football since he was a teenager but he's been injured pretty much every season which I'm sure takes its toll on how long a player can remain at the top

Think it just suits everyone for him to move on and sadly places in this team aren't given out for free especially when we haven't actually won any of the major trophies yet
Oh i feel deep down that the time is right, we need a worldy to come in and its time for Kun to make way.
its just a shame isnt it.

I'm gutted for Sergio, but Father Time will tap us all on the shoulder one day, whether we feel we're ready to shuffle off into the sunset or not.

Sergio will always be an MCFC & PL Legend, so his place in English football & Manchester City history will be assured. In my opinion, Sergio would be best leaving City on top, rather than becoming a bit part player for the next season or two.

He's been constantly injured or returning from injury since February 2020, & he's seemed way off the pace on his few appearances which have been disrupted by covid & more injuries. Added to the fact he's 33 soon & his previous injury record, we need more than today's Aguero can offer us unfortunately.

I'm gutted for him, but I seriously doubt City wouldn't have made a contract extension offer to a still useful Aguero who wanted to stay. We need a fully fit Aguero, or a like for like replacement. As it stands we're not gonna get this with him spending more time on the physios table, than on the pitch.

No matter how much it pains me to accept the situation, Sergio leaving in the summer is probably the best all round for the player & the club. A small backward step for a season or two like David Silva, David Villa etc, is probably the best for Kun before he hangs up his boots. He can then retire as the true football legend he truly is.

I would be absolutely amazed if the conversation was "I don't need you anymore". The likelihood is there was a discussion about a new contract and pep told Sergio that he wouldn't be part of the team plans moving forward so there wouldn't be a new contract. These things tend to get slightly misquoted as it goes through different people and sound harsher than the original conversation was in reality. It's sad and it's not the way any of us wanted but it's the right decision ultimately.

Last edited:
This is very upsetting

be more upsetting if he signed a contract with us we play him and he looks 20% the players he was! It the right time for him to move on like Kompany Zaba and Silva when they can still play but not at the highest level..

Pep will not have sugar coated it but neither would he have given Sergio anything less than the respect he deserves when informing him of the decision.
Pep is a winner,he can be ruthless,but he is also one of the best man managers in world football - as 99% of his former players will testify.

Aguero will get the send off he richly deserves,thats guaranteed.

Was gutted he didn't get a Wembley swan song, but I suppose it was too tight to change things. I think had we been out of sight, he'd have got a run out.
Captain him in front of fans last home game.
And then the ultimate. It's in the stars for him. 10 years after his moment, he departs with the ultimate.
Yes but that is only going to seem like the ultimate at the time. Two weeks later he can come on for the last 10 minutes of the champions league final with us 3-0 up to Chelsea. Maybe snatch a final goal because to be fair, Fernandinho deserves to lift the trophy if he’s let Sergio lift the PL one.

ive got it all worked out.

If Everton have nothing to care about in the final game I can see them giving Sergio a free run through on goal towards the end. Portsmouth tried to do that for Stuart Pearce by gifting him a penalty in his last match (pity Psycho didn't do his part, though.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.