Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Sad news but you are only getting 1 side of the story. Only Sergio, Pep & KAM know the full facts. I never got the feeling Pep was fully onboard with Sergio. Didn’t they have that restaurant chat few years back. It would not surprise me if this is a true account.
Sergio changed his game to accommodate Pep's requirements.

Info from Sergio’s partner via my daughter (she is her beautician).
Sergio is very disappointed he has to leave, he wanted to stay. Sofi said Pep told him over the phone “I don’t need you in my team anymore”. He then had a follow up meeting with Pep & Txiki to go through details. Sergio won’t criticise Pep or the club as he loves “City forever”, but he doesn’t understand why “Pep doesn’t love him”. He had 3 options to choose from, Barcelona, Paris and an Italian club. She previously said he was thinking of Miami. I’m sad to hear this to be honest.
You can see in sergio’s eyes he feels excluded and that’s sad. I’ve got to say I’m with Pep on it, though. Make him captain and let him lift the PL trophy for the Everton game which will hopefully have a partying crowd and will be basically Sergio Day. Surely the club will do that.

massive respect to Sergio for not bitching to the press about his frustration which is what happens at other clubs.

Sad news but you are only getting 1 side of the story. Only Sergio, Pep & KAM know the full facts. I never got the feeling Pep was fully onboard with Sergio. Didn’t they have that restaurant chat few years back. It would not surprise me if this is a true account.

Good passage in the Pep’s City book about that chat - actually helped a lot judging by the information in there. Before that, I think your feeling was right but not after. Plenty of times they’ve been seen to be getting on since then and no rumours like there were in the first few weeks.

Aguero has enough mouthpieces that if they didn’t get on, we’d have known about it by now. Not to mention the English media finding out.

Yes only one side of the story, but this report is true and whilst not from Sergio himself, it’s almost as good as. I’ve reported a few conversations with her before. She has no reason to make stories up to her dad.
It does seem unnecessarily brutal if it is exactly as your daughter has been told. There is no easy way to tell a club legend it's over but I can't believe that Pep would have said those exact words.

Info from Sergio’s partner via my daughter (she is her beautician).
Sergio is very disappointed he has to leave, he wanted to stay. Sofi said Pep told him over the phone “I don’t need you in my team anymore”. He then had a follow up meeting with Pep & Txiki to go through details. Sergio won’t criticise Pep or the club as he loves “City forever”, but he doesn’t understand why “Pep doesn’t love him”. He had 3 options to choose from, Barcelona, Paris and an Italian club. She previously said he was thinking of Miami. I’m sad to hear this to be honest.
Upset me a tad that. All the other legends left when they felt the time was right but looks like serg was pushed :(

It does seem unnecessarily brutal if it is exactly as your daughter has been told. There is no easy way to tell a club legend it's over but I can't believe that Pep would have said those exact words.
Knowing pep he will have shown Sergio the respect of being totally honest with him and that will just be a précis or a standout line of the conversation.

Upset me a tad that. All the other legends left when they felt the time was right but looks like serg was pushed :(

But maybe it's a case of the others we're aware it was time, whereas Aguero is hanging on when the reality is is perhaps is time to move one

It's hard to comment as he has played so little football but when he was on the pitch he was a mile off the pace

Yes the only way he can get up to speed is by playing but once again injuries have curbed all momentum

Hes 33 in June, he's been playing high level football since he was a teenager but he's been injured pretty much every season which I'm sure takes its toll on how long a player can remain at the top

Think it just suits everyone for him to move on and sadly places in this team aren't given out for free especially when we haven't actually won any of the major trophies yet

I was shocked, but those are the words Sofi used. Jess said her English isn’t great, but those were her exact words.

Knowing pep he will have shown Sergio the respect of being totally honest with him and that will just be a précis or a standout line of the conversation.
I think so too. And of course, the 20 consecutive wins support Peps assertion that ‘he doesn’t need him in his team anymore’. They have a great respect for each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.