Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

Maybe this is just me, but it doesn’t feel like a goodbye. He’ll always be city, and part of us will always be defined by him and that very special moment.

For what it’s worth now his playing days at city have come to an end, I just want to register my view that he’s the best player we’ve ever had.

On top of being a phenomenal player for us, I don’t ever remember him kicking up a fuss at any point either. True professional and must’ve turned down a lot of offers since being with us.

Modern day legend.

As soon as he made his debut I knew he would be a legend. I knew what he was going to do for us. A player clubs rarely get to sign, but we did.
He has been an absolute pleasure to have. It's just sad that those 10 years have gone by so fast and that is now comes to an end.
To lurking rags who said he would only use as a stepping stone, our club doesn't operate like that. You absolute fucking bell ends.

We were on the brink of losing out on our first title in over 40 years to our main rivals and then he delivered a goal that was just sensational and changed absolutely everything. What would City have achieved without that title win? Would we have always had a mental block? We will never know. All I know is that his goal gives me shivers every single time I watch it, and always will.

He's our record scorer and has done so much more than just that one goal of course and will forever be loved. I didn't get a ticket to the Everton game and I'm devastated I will have missed Silva and Aguero having a proper send off. I trust the club to right this wrong in the future with a special event they can attend. And I hope we win the CL and Aguero gets to add that to his list as well. He deserves it. He's been so vital to us winning games in Europe and although this season he's been out of the squad more often that not, his legacy deserves the CL winners medal.

So many memories but one that always sticks out when I think of Kun is that home game against Liverpool in 18/19. We simply had to win, there was no other option. Van Dijk was apparently this impenetrable wall and Liverpool couldn't be stopped. Sergio's performance that night was one of the most complete centre forward displays I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Hold up play, link play, turning and running at the defence, movement, always a danger and of course, THAT goal.

The Etihad was absolutely ROCKING that night, I'll never forget it. It set us on our way after such a difficult Christmas period and we never looked back. The EPITOME of a big game player. One of the greatest number 9s in history.

sergio_7.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.