Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

The last of the old guard. We all knew it was coming but now it's a reality. Thanks for the memories Sergio and thanks for choosing us.
The word legend is too often used in football but not in this case. A truly unique player.

So sad to see him go. Absolute delight to watch since he stepped on the pitch v Swansea. An unorthodox character but a fighter. Can see him teaming up with Messi on narcs for a couple of years and tearing it up

So sad to see him go. Absolute delight to watch since he stepped on the pitch v Swansea. An unorthodox character but a fighter. Can see him teaming up with Messi on narcs for a couple of years and tearing it up
Yep, you could see he was going to be something special in that twenty minutes against Swansea

Unfortunately there simply is no room for sentimentality at the top of any sport.
Our management team and owner are aware that injuries and age have now taken their toll and Kun is no longer the player he was.
Most of us wanted him to be offered an extension but deep down we know he is past his best and the club are doing the right thing by not offering lucrative deals at this stage.
He will always be in our hearts for that goal and his immeasurable contributions over the last decade but all good things must come to an end. It’s just a pity we can’t say goodbye to him properly (yet!).
As much as I am sorry to see him leave I know that our management team have the future success of the club as their absolute priority and that they will have a top class replacement lined up before letting him go. I trust they’re making the right call again.

Genuine question: has any other City player ever scored and then run off, snatched his shirt off and then twirled it around in the air like that? Obviously, it's a rhetorical question. Sergio did because he could. He was (is) a superstar.

Hope he has a fantastic last few years in the game and a long happy life afterwards. He seems such a nice person to go with him being a true City legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.