Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think my suday pub team will be in for him @ £40
Dribble said:
BringBackSwales said:
Dribble said:
Aguero is the real deal mate. Someone likened him to the Brazilian superstar Romario in playing style which isn't too far wrong IMHO. He's small in stature but is rapid, very strong & has bags of natural skill (more than Tevez I'd say). He can play central or from either wing or behind a main striker and is industrious too, maybe not to the extent of Tevez (but who else is?) but industrious enough when compared to other world-class forwards.

He seems a level headed character too. Clubs have been in for him for the last 3 years, but he refused to move saying that Athletico were the best option for him at that stage of his career. Last season was the first time that serious murmurings emerged that he might move and Athletico resisted all offers, but there was always a feeling that this season was the one where Aguero would move. They even made him captain at the age of 22 to show him how much he meant to Athletico, but deep down I think they always knew he was going to move on in the next season or two.

Aguero had gone as far as he was going to go at Athletico and in March this year he declared as much in the press and announced his desire for a move so that he could progress his career further and win trophies. I watch La Liga and like I said, this kid is the real deal. Every time I've seen Tevez & Aguero play together for Argentina, there's been no doubt in my mind that Aguero has looked the more accomplished & most dangerous of the two.

During Argentina's world cup qualification there was a match where the Argies were seriously struggling against a mediocre but determined South American team (who escape my memory) and Tevez was taken off with about 20 minutes to go and replaced by Aguero who immediately changed the game. He laid on one assist and scored too and looked the absolute dogs bollocks!!! Ever since that game I've been convinced about this guy's ability and apart from Messi or Ronaldo (the fake one) he's been at the top of my money no object wish list.

This is my PERSONAL assessment of Sergio 'Kun' Aguero, other may agree or disagree, but I honestly believe that if we can get Aguero (to replace Tevez), Nasri & Mata and possibly young up & coming talent who's Premiership ready to replace Jo, I think Manchester City can seriously begin to believe!!!

good post matey other than I cannot see Aguero, Nasri and Mata all being signed - too much money and could not all be fitted into the team, in my opinion
I know we can't fit them all in at the same time, but we need a quality squad if we're to compete on four fronts next season. We need to get rid of the dross (up to eleven if rumours are true) before the season starts, so I think if anything we might be light squad-wise.

Mancini stated that he wanted 2 world class players for every position and a bank of top-class youngsters in reserve in order for us to compete effectively. If we sell Tevez £50m, get Aguero £40, Get Nasri £20m & Mata £22m that's a net outlay of £32m add to this £7m for Clichy & £6m for Savic that's a net spend of £45m for the season (less than ManUre) and that doesn't include what we'll get for the likes of Given, Ade, Bridge, Bellamy, Onuoha, SWP etc.

I think it's more than achievable TBH..

dw7 said:
Taylor said:
Aguero or Villa would be amazing for us, due to his age though it's got to be Aguero.... come on city

this for sure

If there was never any commotion with the tevez saga, I think i wouldve been quite happy (for the long term anyway) since Tevez is at his peak - and Aguero already a great player is only going to get better with age.

metalblue said:
california blue said:
athletico wont be able to afford his wages...a swap with them is a non starter

Probably true, although perhaps they could do something on a straight swap, I.e the £15m they "save" from his asset value. I doubt Tevez would make the change thou, i am sceptical this move has much to do with his family, but would be nice if we offered the deal to call his bluff so to speak.

Buy Aguero. Swap Tevez for Sneijder and our team is complete............

i8rags said:
dw7 said:
citysix said:
Grahame hunter in Spain thinks he will sign for us

no he doesnt he said it would be good business if we did
are you just hunting for a tear up.

to be fair, that is exactly what graham hunter said<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:48 pm --<br /><br />
i8rags said:
dw7 said:
citysix said:
Grahame hunter in Spain thinks he will sign for us

no he doesnt he said it would be good business if we did
are you just hunting for a tear up.

to be fair, that is exactly what graham hunter said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.