Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is. A team comes in for your player and you quote them higher or else he stays. I think Zin would have been happy to stay hadn't we agreed a fee with Arsenal. We also didn't really need to sell.

If reports are to be believed Bernardo could go for 80m, that's only 5m more than Leicester are quoting clubs for Fofana. Do you honestly think that's fair?
No it isn't simple. You don't force players to stay or you end up like the rags with a bloated squad full of players who aren't interested in being there. Everyone keeps saying Zinchenko wanted to stay, he wouldn't have left he did. He turned down several moves in the past to fight for his place, why change his mind now?

I dont believe Txiki was calling round Europe touting him for sale so perhaps Zinchenko had a call with Arteta and thought yeah i fancy it, Arsenal put in the offer and once everyones had a chat the outcome is that its best to move on. As well as earning himself a nice big wage increase.

What relevance are other transfer fees, this idea that there is some set price for X and not Y is odd.

We got Haaland for 51m, can you believe we sold Jesus for a little under that or what about signing Aguero back in 2011 for a couple million more than Andy Carroll. Is that fair?

Sell low? £32m for Zinchenko who used to get destroyed on here by a lot of posters. Knocking on for £50m each for Gabby and Sterling in the last year of their contracts, also derided by many on here. We’re balancing the books at the same time as winning trophies, there’s some right slapped arses on here.
Yeah this window has seen us improve our sales tactics (if you would call it that) but previous windows we have been rinsed on numerous occasions. There's no denying that.

Yeah this window has seen us improve our sales tactics (if you would call it that) but previous windows we have been rinsed on numerous occasions. There's no denying that.
Well as far as we all know its the exact same people doing the deals, so unless you think Txiki went on a sales course with Jordan Belfort over the summer then its not a case of "improving sales tactics" its just how things go.

This summer is the first in a while we have seemingly been open to selling some actual first team players e.g. Jesus, Sterling and Zinchenko. Add in to that the contract situations and seemingly Sterling and Jesus telling us they had no intention of signing a new one. Who did we sell in the last decade that was actually a bad deal. This idea that we could have sold every player for another 10m just isn't reality. If we are selling them then its for a reason and the other club are more than happy to be patient and wait us out, most of the time we want to just get the deal done and the wages off our books. Our commercial revenue means we dont have to drain every last second of the deal for the extra few pennies.

We have also hit a peak of the academy producing a ton of talent ready for first team football and so they are in demand from other clubs. Helps that a senior figure of our academy has left to go to another prem team and so has plenty of money to throw around.

Tixki does I think have the final say.
Pep wanted Kane , Txiki thought Haaland was the better long term investment for the club.
But at the end of the day they are best mates, so they hardly going to piss each other off.
I think of Pep had no say we’d know, he wouldn’t be as happy and wouldn’t of been here for as long. We have the goat and we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.