Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine we are looking at Angelino mk2 here

Very good going forward but suspect defensively - remember Angelino at Anfield in 2019? I don’t want to see that again … ever

At least he’s a body we can slot in for the cup games and easier home ties
Surely cup games and easier home ties should be Joshua Wilson-Esbrands role ?

Surely cup games and easier home ties should be Joshua Wilson-Esbrands role ?

If he is good enough, do you think he is? (not being flippant, I genuinely do not know).

Either way, need another body and sone level of quality. Gomez couldd be be that addition.

If he is good enough, do you think he is? (not being flippant, I genuinely do not know).

Either way, need another body and sone level of quality. Gomez couldd be be that addition.
From what I've seen of JWE, he's not there yet, but has the potential. He needs to be tougher in his defensive responsibilities. Going forward he's effective but needs to be a little more consistent.

However he's 19 years old & if he continues to develop at the rate he's doing & can keep a better level of fitness, I reckon by the time he's 22/23, we'll have a star on our hands.

He reminds me of Djed Spence.

From what I've seen of JWE, he's not there yet, but has the potential. He needs to be tougher in his defensive responsibilities. Going forward he's effective but needs to be a little more consistent.

However he's 19 years old & if he continues to develop at the rate he's doing & can keep a better level of fitness, I reckon by the time he's 22/23, we'll have a star on our hands.

He reminds me of Djed Spence.

Good post,good comparison....although for obvious reason i think Spurs currently have a superior option in Spence - an excellent signing.

I see Gomez is nearly 22 so a fair bit older than Josh. Should be knocking on the door at that age really .

I see Gomez is nearly 22 so a fair bit older than Josh. Should be knocking on the door at that age really .

He is though. That is why we are after him. From what I can see. Regular for his club, by all accounts one of their better players. With age on his side if he makes the step up.

Good post,good comparison....although for obvious reason i think Spurs currently have a superior option in Spence - an excellent signing.
Spence admitted it took him longer to realise his potential than he'd have liked, but he was seriously made up that Spurs took the chance on him.

I'm pretty sure he said he was in the same Fulham youth team as Sessegnon, so seeing his former team mate progress seems to have concentrated his mind even more than it already was, because he said football's been his life since being a kid.

Hopefully JWE can be our homegrown version of Spence.

He is though. That is why we are after him. From what I can see. Regular for his club, by all accounts one of their better players. With age on his side if he makes the step up.
Gomez was Anderlecht's player of the season. For the prices quoted, & the very little I've seen of him, he's definitely worth a punt.

To be honest, I'd love us to go for Sosa too. By the sound of it, we could probably get both for £35m - £40m & on decent wages too. We need to solve our long running LB issues.

Spence admitted it took him longer to realise his potential than he'd have liked, but he was seriously made up that Spurs took the chance on him.

I'm pretty sure he said he was in the same Fulham youth team as Sessegnon, so seeing his former team mate progress seems to have concentrated his mind even more than it already was, because he said football's been his life since being a kid.

Hopefully JWE can be our homegrown version of Spence.

I think Sessegnon will have a breakthrough season this year, wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Qatar.

He's got the talent, just needs a coach to get hold of him and he's perfect for Conte because finding scoring positions in the box was his biggest asset at Fulham and that's what Conte wants from his wing backs.

Crazy to think he was signed in 2019 and he's on his 5th Spurs manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.