Sergio or Silva?

Silva.

Thinking rationally, Serg is one of a kind. Think what wed have to pay or do to get a like for like player or a player in his league. Suarez? Messi? Only two right now that can compare, and neither will leave, and even if they hypothetically could, it would be upwards of 80M. Irreplaceable.

Silva however, even though is absoultely incredible and our little magician, and dont get me wrong i adore to pieces, is replaceable. CAM has many world class players in it or those with potential. Lose Silva and we go all out on Isco, or De Bruyne, who have the potential to do what Silva does. There are few coming through that also have the potential.

Silva.

Thinking rationally, Serg is one of a kind. Think what wed have to pay or do to get a like for like player or a player in his league. Suarez? Messi? Only two right now that can compare, and neither will leave, and even if they hypothetically could, it would be upwards of 80M. Irreplaceable.

Silva however, even though is absoultely incredible and our little magician, and dont get me wrong i adore to pieces, is replaceable. CAM has many world class players in it or those with potential. Lose Silva and we go all out on Isco, or De Bruyne, who have the potential to do what Silva does. There are few coming through that also have the potential.

I'd somewhat agree that rationally it would be Dave that has to go, which is the reason that I put in the OP to ignore footballing concerns and talk about who is more important outside of rationality.

It's interesting as a thread and the early indications are that whilst Aguero is of the very highest class he doesn't seem to have the same levels of feeling as David Silva. Obviously this isn't to in anyway suggest Sergio isn't beloved or losing him wouldn't be a disaster for us.

Silva.

You've hit the nail

This thread is akin to being asked which testicle do you want removing. Both have given me many happy memories but it's still possible to function with just one of them.
I'd hate to chose but if I really had to, I would keep SIlva. Purely because if they both lost a yard of pace, Silva would still be capable of playing the same way and would still be a world class player. If Aguero lost a yard he would be nowhere near as effective.
It's a strange one really, because if we put them both on the transfer list today, Aguero would command a much higher fee, but he is also the one who is easier to replace. Although you wouldn't be able to find a like for like replacement for either of them.
If either of them got an offer they couldn't refuse, I wouldn't begrudge them a move. Both of them have repaid their transfer fees twice over and then some. I would be distraught at the thought of either of them leaving but I would wish them well. Unless they went to the rags of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.