Sergio Ramos

simonr555 said:
But he was still signed by Real. Like you said "you don't get to sign for Real Madrid if you are a bad player". So a comparison all the same.

Try and compare apples with apples then next time.

Omiclops said:
PabZab said:
Rather have Zab every day of the week.

Because you're delusional and an idiot.
Ramos plays for Real Madrid who are second in the league. Zabaleta played for Espanyol who are a very average mid tabled team.
Ramos is a very good Right Back and is very versatile. Admittedly, I've not seen him very often, but I have done a few times and he's been class everytime. Bombs forward with pace and has got a decent cross on him and is brilliant at heading. Would prefer him at CB but that's me. Seems to have all the right attributes for a CB.

Glen Johnson played for Portsmouth who were very average mid table side and Arbeloa played for Liverpool who are 2nd in the league, Rafa still chose Johnson so that point means very little its the player not the team they are in.

Ramos is a brilliant attacker granted but we don't need brilliant attackers, we've scored plenty this year and add to that the purchases of Barry, RSC, Tevez and hopefully some more we should score even more the problem was conceding goals. Add to that it would take him a while to adjust because the Premierleague is so different to La Liga, especially going from a team who spend the majority of their time attacking to a team who have to defend a lot of the time. We'd spend quite a lot of the start of the season carrying him I reckon but we need to hit the ground running. Also I've said this time and time again, what Zab lacks in technique he makes up for in determination, grit and bravery. He will not hide in a game and he will give everything on a cold Tuesday night away at Stoke and that is what we need, the games we lost were not in the sun with a home crowd behind us, generally they were away playing teams who kick you all game long. Yes Ramos is good for Madrid/Spain but we are not the same as those teams, both teams will absolutely dominate a game from start to finish possesion wise so you can afford to play defenders who aren't the greatest. Personally I can't see us doing that and for that reason I would take Zab.

Ramos in two or so years is a different matter entirely. We need to get there first though.

chorleybloo123 said:
twinkletoes said:
simonr555 said:
But he was still signed by Real. Like you said "you don't get to sign for Real Madrid if you are a bad player". So a comparison all the same.

Don't make such a bold statement, then back away from it.

The point I wqs making perhaps not clear enough for some is that RM didn't sign him for 27m euros because he was a bad player.

simonr555 said:
coimbatore blue said:
Spanish International and Real Madrid regular. I see Real madrid play every week . He is brilliant with the ball and his defensive ability is second to none. Will be the world's best in a few years.

Must be a different Ramos I watch every week who is inept at defending, has the positional sense of a blind and deaf man on a busy road and whose distribution is also very poor. Can we please pull this thread because whenever I see it near the top of the forum I get worried

I am surprised that a lot of blues dont rate ramos because he has been quality whenever I have seen him play. I always felt that City should try to sign him. I am even more surprised that you question question his distribution as I felt he is the best player on the ball in the Real madrid backline.But that is just my opinion.

coimbatore blue said:
simonr555 said:
coimbatore blue said:
Spanish International and Real Madrid regular. I see Real madrid play every week . He is brilliant with the ball and his defensive ability is second to none. Will be the world's best in a few years.

Must be a different Ramos I watch every week who is inept at defending, has the positional sense of a blind and deaf man on a busy road and whose distribution is also very poor. Can we please pull this thread because whenever I see it near the top of the forum I get worried

I am surprised that a lot of blues dont rate ramos because he has been quality whenever I have seen him play. I always felt that City should try to sign him. I am even more surprised that you question question his distribution as I felt he is the best player on the ball in the Real madrid backline.But that is just my opinion.
I have to agree what you said.

PabZab said:
Omiclops said:
PabZab said:
Rather have Zab every day of the week.

Because you're delusional and an idiot.
Ramos plays for Real Madrid who are second in the league. Zabaleta played for Espanyol who are a very average mid tabled team.
Ramos is a very good Right Back and is very versatile. Admittedly, I've not seen him very often, but I have done a few times and he's been class everytime. Bombs forward with pace and has got a decent cross on him and is brilliant at heading. Would prefer him at CB but that's me. Seems to have all the right attributes for a CB.

Glen Johnson played for Portsmouth who were very average mid table side and Arbeloa played for Liverpool who are 2nd in the league, Rafa still chose Johnson so that point means very little its the player not the team they are in.

Ramos is a brilliant attacker granted but we don't need brilliant attackers, we've scored plenty this year and add to that the purchases of Barry, RSC, Tevez and hopefully some more we should score even more the problem was conceding goals. Add to that it would take him a while to adjust because the Premierleague is so different to La Liga, especially going from a team who spend the majority of their time attacking to a team who have to defend a lot of the time. We'd spend quite a lot of the start of the season carrying him I reckon but we need to hit the ground running. Also I've said this time and time again, what Zab lacks in technique he makes up for in determination, grit and bravery. He will not hide in a game and he will give everything on a cold Tuesday night away at Stoke and that is what we need, the games we lost were not in the sun with a home crowd behind us, generally they were away playing teams who kick you all game long. Yes Ramos is good for Madrid/Spain but we are not the same as those teams, both teams will absolutely dominate a game from start to finish possesion wise so you can afford to play defenders who aren't the greatest. Personally I can't see us doing that and for that reason I would take Zab.

Ramos in two or so years is a different matter entirely. We need to get there first though.

Glen Johnson played for Chelsea first actually, and the price he was snipped at was a steal, and chelsea didn't need a RB at that time so it didn't matter to them that he left.
Since when do we spend most of our time defending if we've scored the second or third most goals this season?
You love to mention Zab on a cold tuesday night but I never said he didn't have grit, determination or anything, I just said Ramos is better and technically he is better and he also has strength and grit.
As a team, we aspire to be like Spain, score alot of goals and leak hardly any. Saying that Spain aren't good defensivley is simple ignorance, look at how many goals they've conceded.
Zabaleta is good, no doubt about it, never said he wasn't but Ramos is simply in another league altogether to him. It's like comparing Vassell to Robinho. Yes Vassell works harder than Robinho, but who would you rather have in your team? Which one is more technically able and can produce moments of magic? There my friend, lies your answer.

twinkletoes said:
chorleybloo123 said:
twinkletoes said:
simonr555 said:

Don't make such a bold statement, then back away from it.

The point I wqs making perhaps not clear enough for some is that RM didn't sign him for 27m euros because he was a bad player.

just an example of people spending money on bad players-
Denílson de Oliveira Araújo , commonly known as just Denílson, is a football winger, who in 1998 became the most expensive footballer in the world when Real Betis paid São Paulo FC £21.5 million. he now plays in vietnam 10 years later.

Omiclops said:
Glen Johnson played for Chelsea first actually, and the price he was snipped at was a steal, and chelsea didn't need a RB at that time so it didn't matter to them that he left.
Since when do we spend most of our time defending if we've scored the second or third most goals this season?
You love to mention Zab on a cold tuesday night but I never said he didn't have grit, determination or anything, I just said Ramos is better and technically he is better and he also has strength and grit.
As a team, we aspire to be like Spain, score alot of goals and leak hardly any. Saying that Spain aren't good defensivley is simple ignorance, look at how many goals they've conceded.
Zabaleta is good, no doubt about it, never said he wasn't but Ramos is simply in another league altogether to him. It's like comparing Vassell to Robinho. Yes Vassell works harder than Robinho, but who would you rather have in your team? Which one is more technically able and can produce moments of magic? There my friend, lies your answer.

You're missing the point on the Johnson issue, the team you play for has very little effect on how good you are as a player.
I never said that we defend for the majority of the time, I said compared to Madrid we defend a lot more which is true. And there is a difference between having a good defence and having an attack which takes the pressure off your defence, if you put our defence behind Spain's attack we wouldn't concede much at all. There is more to a good defensive record than your own defending, "its ignorance" to ignore that.

Its not like comparing Robinho and Vassel at all because we are talking about attackers there, of course I'd rather have the better attacker if hes playing in attack. Just like I would rather have the better defender if hes playing in defence. Ramos is probably better in the air than Zab and he is stronger/faster, but Zab is far better in the tackle and his positional sense is better, add to that his determination and you have a quality right back. At right back you rarely need aerial dominance and how many wingers would out muscle Zab? Very few, for me its basically tackling and positioning vs speed defense wise, I want a defender who can defend personally.

In a few years when the midfield can keep possesion and ease the pressure on the defence we can afford luxury defenders but for now we need proper out and out defenders in my opinion, but like I said thats my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.