Sergio Ramos

PabZab said:
Omiclops said:
Glen Johnson played for Chelsea first actually, and the price he was snipped at was a steal, and chelsea didn't need a RB at that time so it didn't matter to them that he left.
Since when do we spend most of our time defending if we've scored the second or third most goals this season?
You love to mention Zab on a cold tuesday night but I never said he didn't have grit, determination or anything, I just said Ramos is better and technically he is better and he also has strength and grit.
As a team, we aspire to be like Spain, score alot of goals and leak hardly any. Saying that Spain aren't good defensivley is simple ignorance, look at how many goals they've conceded.
Zabaleta is good, no doubt about it, never said he wasn't but Ramos is simply in another league altogether to him. It's like comparing Vassell to Robinho. Yes Vassell works harder than Robinho, but who would you rather have in your team? Which one is more technically able and can produce moments of magic? There my friend, lies your answer.

You're missing the point on the Johnson issue, the team you play for has very little effect on how good you are as a player.
I never said that we defend for the majority of the time, I said compared to Madrid we defend a lot more which is true. And there is a difference between having a good defence and having an attack which takes the pressure off your defence, if you put our defence behind Spain's attack we wouldn't concede much at all. There is more to a good defensive record than your own defending, "its ignorance" to ignore that.

Its not like comparing Robinho and Vassel at all because we are talking about attackers there, of course I'd rather have the better attacker if hes playing in attack. Just like I would rather have the better defender if hes playing in defence. Ramos is probably better in the air than Zab and he is stronger/faster, but Zab is far better in the tackle and his positional sense is better, add to that his determination and you have a quality right back. At right back you rarely need aerial dominance and how many wingers would out muscle Zab? Very few, for me its basically tackling and positioning vs speed defense wise, I want a defender who can defend personally.

In a few years when the midfield can keep possesion and ease the pressure on the defence we can afford luxury defenders but for now we need proper out and out defenders in my opinion, but like I said thats my opinion.

Yeah but we know he's a quality player because he used to play for Chelsea and only left because he was surplus because their current RB at the time was too good. Just like Bridge coming to us.
No that's just ignorant, again. We would see the same sloppy errors and getting outpaced etc. The Spanish defence do more than you see, they're actually very solid ; Capdevilla, Ramos, Puyol, Pique. They're all absoloutly solid and have proved this time and time again, in Pique and Puyol the Champions league final. Spain do get attacked but their defence is just very solid.
It's the same concept, don't take into account that their attackers, but it's the same concept of having someone who works hard and someone who is technically more aware and more intelligent football wise.
I can guarantee Ramos is quicker than Zab and more positionally aware and Ramos would also outmuscle Zab. He's quite small and Ramos is bigger and has much more strength than him. Evra, Boswinga, Cole, Johnson, could all outmuscle him and thats off the top of my head.
This is your problem, you let your opinion cloud your judgement. Just like with your love for Big Phil. You need to seperate your opinion with facts and evidence in games and you can clearly see Ramos is miles better.

To many people on here are judging Ramos by his Football Manager stats, the fact is he was good at a young age a Sevilla but hasnt improved since, he was considered in the long run to be a CB but has proved indept at that position and has been shifted to right back (ala Richards). Against decent opposition he will always be shown up and needs to be covered alot of the time because he loses his man/position and almost never stops a cross coming in, people will always cream their pants over an attacking fullback but the priority has to be defence first and it has to be said the its not a priority to Ramos by the looks of it.

Plus he looks like a woman.

Having returned from work and viewed the responses I can compare an apple with an apple because there are different types of apples to compare. And Ramos, my friend, is a bad apple.

Omiclops said:
Yeah but we know he's a quality player because he used to play for Chelsea and only left because he was surplus because their current RB at the time was too good. Just like Bridge coming to us.
No that's just ignorant, again. We would see the same sloppy errors and getting outpaced etc. The Spanish defence do more than you see, they're actually very solid ; Capdevilla, Ramos, Puyol, Pique. They're all absoloutly solid and have proved this time and time again, in Pique and Puyol the Champions league final. Spain do get attacked but their defence is just very solid.
It's the same concept, don't take into account that their attackers, but it's the same concept of having someone who works hard and someone who is technically more aware and more intelligent football wise.
I can guarantee Ramos is quicker than Zab and more positionally aware and Ramos would also outmuscle Zab. He's quite small and Ramos is bigger and has much more strength than him. Evra, Boswinga, Cole, Johnson, could all outmuscle him and thats off the top of my head.
This is your problem, you let your opinion cloud your judgement. Just like with your love for Big Phil. You need to seperate your opinion with facts and evidence in games and you can clearly see Ramos is miles better.

If a team has the ball more, the defence has to do less so in turn there is less pressure and less pressure means less mistakes, no?

and how solid they are is not affected by how many times you say it. United's defence is the perfect example, they are used to long periods of time with the ball so nothing to do, in the CL final when Barca retained possesion the defence was shown up to be very sloppy (Both of Barca's goals were as a result of poor defending.). The day we see a team show Spain up in possesion football is the day we may see them faulter, they play behind the best midfield in the international football so its highly unlikely they will be shown up.

And its not the same concept at all because you can't apply the same conecpt to attackers whos job is to attack and defenders whos job is to defend.

If you're going to argue can you atleast read what I am saying. I said Ramos was stronger, quicker and better in the air. That was never in doubt.

Finally, of course opinion comes into this, there is no such thing as fact as to who is more positionally aware, who has more determination, whos better in the air etc because there is no qualitative way to measure it so the only way to measure it is opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.