Sergio Ramos

He was disputing a specific quote, but the journalist stood by the story. Anyway, if Laporte were to stay, then there’s no issue. But I think he’s the most likely player in our squad to leave at this point. We’re discussing with that scenario in mind
I'd say Bernardo is probably most likely to be the first out just hope we don't get bent over and our pants pulled down on the fee!

When has it been anything else? The only player I can ever remember us doing well on was SWP.
Exactly we seem to be a soft touch whilst teams around us make mega money, how much did Chelsea get for Oscar was it 80m+? I like the fact we don't stand in a player's way if they aren't happy or want a move but we've got to start making proper profit from those types of sale when they've still got a decent amount of time left on their contracts. Can understand the Sane shite fee as his injury meant we weren't able to get a decent fee as he had little time left on his contract once he was over his injury which meant shite fee or risk him seeing out his final year and getting nothing for him.

Look at the impact Thiago Silva has had at Chelski, and he's not even half the player Ramos is. He would fit into Pep's system well, is massively experienced and you can imagine him and Dias together. Plus he could well fancy the opportunity to play in the MLS when he's finished up with us.

If Laporte leaves (which I would prefer not to happen) we could sign a champions league/international class third choice centre half for free, just think what some of our lads could learn from him.

Win/win for me.

I respectfully but strongly disagree
We had a solid season based on defensive solidity. We can’t go into another season with TWO less CB options and improvise one. Ake so far hasn’t been good enough to be anything but a fourth choice, and certainly isn’t to be trusted in the bigger games yet. In fact, he would probably have been behind Garcia last season on a technical comparison if contexts had been ignored. Ake/Stones just doesn’t seem like a solid pairing to me
If Laporte does leave, there will be a vacuum to be filled. There is a situation to be addressed which is that, for a team that rotates a lot, we overplayed Dias and got lucky he escaped an injury. We had to do that because of his commanding leadership in the back line, as well as technical ability. A Ramos fills that vacuum and bring in lots of experience as well. This seems like the kind of signing we could make for a couple of years focusing on the UCL before sending him to the US as a “smart financial engineering” deal. But even if it’s not him, it should be someone of his profile. To get what Chelsea got from Thiago Silva
Let's judge Ake over a full season,not an injury -hit one.Any opinion on the lad is unfounded at the moment.

Rumoured that he’s looking for £12m netto, which would be over £20m gross. He‘d need to play a lot to justify that outlay, which makes me think it more likely he’ll go elsewhere.

Still a good acquisition for someone. The rags must be sniffing the air.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.