Serie A

Ricster

From watching plenty of European football over the years it is now plainly obvious that Serie A is on a downward spiral.

United easily beat Milan
Fulham's win over Juventus

Those are just a couple of results, and you can even question Chelsea's 2 legs over Inter, especially some dodgy decision's.

Im now of the opinion that the Bundesliga is now at a higher standard than Serie A and quite possibly the Russian league is on a par with the Italian game.

So where does this leave Italian football? Has the negativity and defensive style finally caught up with them? Surely players like Maicon, Pato, Diego, Cambiasso, Hamsik, Kjaer, Zapata, etc would excel in other leagues?

I for one hope we dont raid Italy in the summer, unless we are signing young gifted lads with serious potential. I'd like all our efforts to be made on players from the Premiership, La Liga and as already mentioned the Bundesliga.

If we signed Cambiasso, I'd literally jizz in my pants. He's one of my favourite players.

Put £30Million on the table and he'd be ours.

Not to sure about that comment about the italian league been on par with the russian league. Are italian football stadiums as empty on matchdays as the russian league.

yatesy94 said:
If we signed Cambiasso, I'd literally jizz in my pants. He's one of my favourite players.

Put £30Million on the table and he'd be ours.

I'd slap the nearest person if we put anything above £13m in for Cambiasso. Love the bloke but he's nowhere near that price range.

Ricster said:
From watching plenty of European football over the years it is now plainly obvious that Serie A is on a downward spiral.

United easily beat Milan
Fulham's win over Juventus

Those are just a couple of results, and you can even question Chelsea's 2 legs over Inter, especially some dodgy decision's.

Im now of the opinion that the Bundesliga is now at a higher standard than Serie A and quite possibly the Russian league is on a par with the Italian game.

So where does this leave Italian football? Has the negativity and defensive style finally caught up with them? Surely players like Maicon, Pato, Diego, Cambiasso, Hamsik, Kjaer, Zapata, etc would excel in other leagues?

I for one hope we dont raid Italy in the summer, unless we are signing young gifted lads with serious potential. I'd like all our efforts to be made on players from the Premiership, La Liga and as already mentioned the Bundesliga.

I used to be a big Serie A fan; it's definitely gone down hill for sure.

The Bundesliga is now a more interesting league, but there's still more great players in Serie A than the Bundesliga for me. You've listed a few (although I've always thought Zapata overrated and a bit of a FM fan boy pick tbh) but there are other top draw players too like Eto'o, Sneijder, César, De Rossi and so on.

In the Bundesliga, there are some top players (Ribery, Robben, Dzeko etc) but for me the overall standard of players is still lower. A lot of the top players each season still move on to Italy or Spain (Ribery and Dzeko are likely to be the next in the summer, Diego last summer).

So yeah, the gap is smaller but for me the Bundesliga still has a way to go to be considered a better league.

wilmslowblue said:
Not to sure about that comment about the italian league been on par with the russian league. Are italian football stadiums as empty on matchdays as the russian league.

It doesn't matter what the stadiums are holding, its a matter of how the teams are performing, and there really isn't to much difference between the quality. To be honest, the Russian league is actually more of a pleasure to watch than the boring Serie A.

Russia will be a serious threat to European and World honours in about 5 years. They have some seriously gifted youngsters coming through in abundance now. We've all heard about Dzagoev, Bukharov, and Akinfeev. But what people dont know is the players coming through, and their is loads of them. Here are a few to watch out for;

Georgi Schennikov - CSKA
Maksim Kanunnikov - Zenit
Yevgeni Makeyev - Spartak
Sergei Parshivlyuk - Spartak
Nika Piliyev - CSKA
Pavel Yakolev - Spartak
Aleksandr Kokorin - Dynamo
Oleg Shalayev - Nalchik

With players like Krasic, Necid, Welliton, Berezutskiy brothers, Semak etc to learn from, the Russian league is slowly starting to take off.

Also remember the wealth involved at alot of these clubs. Its a big factor for getting decent names and signing them to high wages.

i personally like the coca cola championship......

anyone else?

ban-mcfc said:
i personally like the coca cola championship......

Reminds me a bit of how the Premier League used to be when foreigners were an attraction rather than the norm and there was a lot of grit. That said, many Championship teams play nicer football than some PL "grinders" like Stoke and Bolton. Newcastle look good and will be back in the PL next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.