Serie A

LoveCity said:
ban-mcfc said:
i personally like the coca cola championship......

Reminds me a bit of how the Premier League used to be when foreigners were an attraction rather than the norm and there was a lot of grit. That said, many Championship teams play nicer football than some PL "grinders" like Stoke and Bolton. Newcastle look good and will be back in the PL next season.

yeah and most of the ground are half full, my mates a cov fan and says its embarrsing lol!

Astuteboy said:
Ricster said:
From watching plenty of European football over the years it is now plainly obvious that Serie A is on a downward spiral.

United easily beat Milan
Fulham's win over Juventus

Those are just a couple of results, and you can even question Chelsea's 2 legs over Inter, especially some dodgy decision's.

Im now of the opinion that the Bundesliga is now at a higher standard than Serie A and quite possibly the Russian league is on a par with the Italian game.

So where does this leave Italian football? Has the negativity and defensive style finally caught up with them? Surely players like Maicon, Pato, Diego, Cambiasso, Hamsik, Kjaer, Zapata, etc would excel in other leagues?

I for one hope we dont raid Italy in the summer, unless we are signing young gifted lads with serious potential. I'd like all our efforts to be made on players from the Premiership, La Liga and as already mentioned the Bundesliga.

I used to be a big Serie A fan; it's definitely gone down hill for sure.

The Bundesliga is now a more interesting league, but there's still more great players in Serie A than the Bundesliga for me. You've listed a few (although I've always thought Zapata overrated and a bit of a FM fan boy pick tbh) but there are other top draw players too like Eto'o, Sneijder, César, De Rossi and so on.

In the Bundesliga, there are some top players (Ribery, Robben, Dzeko etc) but for me the overall standard of players is still lower. A lot of the top players each season still move on to Italy or Spain (Ribery and Dzeko are likely to be the next in the summer, Diego last summer).

So yeah, the gap is smaller but for me the Bundesliga still has a way to go to be considered a better league.

The thing is between us we have named 5 players from one team. Take Inter out and we're really struggling.

Look at the players in the Bundesliga.

Kuranyi, Rolfes, Kiebling, Borowski, Rakitic, Subotic, Hleb, Salihovic, Ibisevic, Elia, Trochowski, Jarolim, Shweinsteiger, Gomez, Klose, Ollic, Tymoschuk etc

and at to that some real good younsters coming through like;

Muller, Matip, Moritz, Bender twins, Kroos, Pitroipa, Berg, Marin, Ozil, Reus, Zuculini, etc

Bundesliga has a much more solid foundation. Serie A just haven't got the money to fund serious transfers anymore, and apart from Santon, Poli, Pato, Balloteli, im really struggling to name more decent youngsters in Serie A

I think the Italian league is feeling the effects of the 'Calciopoli' scandal.

Milan were hitting champ league final stages and Juventus were performing well in the CL as well, while inter were always feared and Roma and Lazio still had a bit of a potency. Since the sanctions and punishments hit many of the major teams hard, weakening these once decent teams, I caused an imbalance in the league.

If you play half decent teams week in week out, when you meet a good team, you usually don't perform to your potential.

I think, as the serie A old guard get to full strength again, so will the league. Maybe this is why inter have now progressed further than normal, as the teams have improved.

Ricster said:
Astuteboy said:
I used to be a big Serie A fan; it's definitely gone down hill for sure.

The Bundesliga is now a more interesting league, but there's still more great players in Serie A than the Bundesliga for me. You've listed a few (although I've always thought Zapata overrated and a bit of a FM fan boy pick tbh) but there are other top draw players too like Eto'o, Sneijder, César, De Rossi and so on.

In the Bundesliga, there are some top players (Ribery, Robben, Dzeko etc) but for me the overall standard of players is still lower. A lot of the top players each season still move on to Italy or Spain (Ribery and Dzeko are likely to be the next in the summer, Diego last summer).

So yeah, the gap is smaller but for me the Bundesliga still has a way to go to be considered a better league.

The thing is between us we have named 5 players from one team. Take Inter out and we're really struggling.

Look at the players in the Bundesliga.

Kuranyi, Rolfes, Kiebling, Borowski, Rakitic, Subotic, Hleb, Salihovic, Ibisevic, Elia, Trochowski, Jarolim, Shweinsteiger, Gomez, Klose, Ollic, Tymoschuk etc

and at to that some real good younsters coming through like;

Muller, Matip, Moritz, Bender twins, Kroos, Pitroipa, Berg, Marin, Ozil, Reus, Zuculini, etc

Bundesliga has a much more solid foundation. Serie A just haven't got the money to fund serious transfers anymore, and apart from Santon, Poli, Pato, Balloteli, im really struggling to name more decent youngsters in Serie A

jovetic , pastore , kiaer , martinez , de ceglie , marchisio , criscito , bocchetti , hernandez , de rossi , ranocchia , vargas , montolivo , bonucci .....

let the banks ask for their money back from rags and company , and you will see the Premier League will return to the same serie A level...... very soon

Ricster said:
wilmslowblue said:
Not to sure about that comment about the italian league been on par with the russian league. Are italian football stadiums as empty on matchdays as the russian league.

It doesn't matter what the stadiums are holding, its a matter of how the teams are performing, and there really isn't to much difference between the quality. To be honest, the Russian league is actually more of a pleasure to watch than the boring Serie A.

Russia will be a serious threat to European and World honours in about 5 years. They have some seriously gifted youngsters coming through in abundance now. We've all heard about Dzagoev, Bukharov, and Akinfeev. But what people dont know is the players coming through, and their is loads of them. Here are a few to watch out for;

Georgi Schennikov - CSKA
Maksim Kanunnikov - Zenit
Yevgeni Makeyev - Spartak
Sergei Parshivlyuk - Spartak
Nika Piliyev - CSKA
Pavel Yakolev - Spartak
Aleksandr Kokorin - Dynamo
Oleg Shalayev - Nalchik

With players like Krasic, Necid, Welliton, Berezutskiy brothers, Semak etc to learn from, the Russian league is slowly starting to take off.

Also remember the wealth involved at alot of these clubs. Its a big factor for getting decent names and signing them to high wages.

Yes but they will never get seriously big name players there ever. Russia is a shithole and they will only get either eastern bloc players or 2-3rd rate south americans. Everyone has been talking about the Russian league taking over for ages but it will never happen.

Sad to see the once greatest league in the world go down the pan,was just discussing this today.The great Milan side of the early nineties we're awesome and Juve.Only Inter now worth bothering about and they wont make the champs league final this season.

AIQ88 said:
Ricster said:
It doesn't matter what the stadiums are holding, its a matter of how the teams are performing, and there really isn't to much difference between the quality. To be honest, the Russian league is actually more of a pleasure to watch than the boring Serie A.

Russia will be a serious threat to European and World honours in about 5 years. They have some seriously gifted youngsters coming through in abundance now. We've all heard about Dzagoev, Bukharov, and Akinfeev. But what people dont know is the players coming through, and their is loads of them. Here are a few to watch out for;

Georgi Schennikov - CSKA
Maksim Kanunnikov - Zenit
Yevgeni Makeyev - Spartak
Sergei Parshivlyuk - Spartak
Nika Piliyev - CSKA
Pavel Yakolev - Spartak
Aleksandr Kokorin - Dynamo
Oleg Shalayev - Nalchik

With players like Krasic, Necid, Welliton, Berezutskiy brothers, Semak etc to learn from, the Russian league is slowly starting to take off.

Also remember the wealth involved at alot of these clubs. Its a big factor for getting decent names and signing them to high wages.

Yes but they will never get seriously big name players there ever. Russia is a shithole and they will only get either eastern bloc players or 2-3rd rate south americans. Everyone has been talking about the Russian league taking over for ages but it will never happen.

Na, im not talking about them taking over, just that they are on the rise, while Serie A is on the decline. But they do have some seriously gifted youngsters coming through. There is no doubt about that.

wilmslowblue said:
Not to sure about that comment about the italian league been on par with the russian league. Are italian football stadiums as empty on matchdays as the russian league.

I don't think stadium capacity has a big say in it really. Just look over here at the likes of Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Birmingham, and Middlesbrough last season. We had poor attendances a few seasons back.

It goes in circles really. Not long ago it was just Spanish and German sides in the semis. Once English clubs realize they cant spend like they are right now forever or they start going bust it will change again.

Seria A is still a quality league. Yes, their teams have underperformed in Europe over the last few years but lets not forget they dominated Europe for apx 10 years before that. It will come good again...

Some posters said Inter would get beat 4 or 5 nil against Chelsea the other night and how wrong they were, Inter were far the superior team.

Look at their national team too, WC holders and nearly all their players play in Serie A.

For me, the Spanish league is so overrated. Look how their teams did in the CL this season, very poor except Barca....

In addition, I would add that I went to an Milan derby a couple of years ago, the best atmosphere at a football game you could ever imagine.. Beats Barca v Madrid or Boca v River Plate anyday... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OtPKCKwr-Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OtPKCKwr-Q</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.