Serie A

vincent said:
Seria A is still a quality league. Yes, their teams have underperformed in Europe over the last few years but lets not forget they dominated Europe for apx 10 years before that. It will come good again...

Some posters said Inter would get beat 4 or 5 nil against Chelsea the other night and how wrong they were, Inter were far the superior team.

Look at their national team too, WC holders and nearly all their players play in Serie A.

For me, the Spanish league is so overrated. Look how their teams did in the CL this season, very poor except Barca....

In addition, I would add that I went to an Milan derby a couple of years ago, the best atmosphere at a football game you could ever imagine.. Beats Barca v Madrid or Boca v River Plate anyday... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OtPKCKwr-Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OtPKCKwr-Q</a>

Also how much were the tickets for a huge game like that:P English football is such an insane rip off its nuts.

It's still a strong league.

It's just that there is only 1 team on a par with the top 3 in England - Inter (obviously). The rest are all decent enough though.

Despite what many think, the league isn't really all that negative. It's good to watch and there are still a shit load of quality players playing in the league.

ono said:
It's still a strong league.

It's just that there is only 1 team on a par with the top 3 in England - Inter (obviously). The rest are all decent enough though.

Despite what many think, the league isn't really all that negative. It's good to watch and there are still a shit load of quality players playing in the league.

Agree, and one of the main reasons for that is the Calcio scandal... AC, Juve, Fiorentina & Lazio were all involved and they are still recovering from it.

Ricster said:
Those are just a couple of results, and you can even question Chelsea's 2 legs over Inter, especially some dodgy decision's.

Did you actually watched the games??
Did you read the papers the following day??
Inter was far the best team over the 2 legs!

vincent said:
In addition, I would add that I went to an Milan derby a couple of years ago, the best atmosphere at a football game you could ever imagine.. Beats Barca v Madrid or Boca v River Plate anyday... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OtPKCKwr-Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OtPKCKwr-Q</a>

So, did you go to an 'El Classico' or a Boca/River Plate game too?

Friend of mine went to the 6-2 el classico last season (maybe season before) and said it pisses all over any other atmosphere he has ever experienced.

Right ok, maybe not £30Million but considering the overpriced rubbish/flops us and other clubs have bought:

Veron £28Million
Robinho £32.5Million
Shevchenko £30Million
Benzema £25Million
G.Johnson £18Million - Personally don't rate him.
Keane £20Million
Bentley £15Million
Jo £19Million - Not worth 19 pence.
Kaka £60Million

Cambiasso would be a steal at £30Million.

It was written off ten years ago and still manages come backs. It goes in cycles.

Ricster said:
Astuteboy said:
I used to be a big Serie A fan; it's definitely gone down hill for sure.

The Bundesliga is now a more interesting league, but there's still more great players in Serie A than the Bundesliga for me. You've listed a few (although I've always thought Zapata overrated and a bit of a FM fan boy pick tbh) but there are other top draw players too like Eto'o, Sneijder, César, De Rossi and so on.

In the Bundesliga, there are some top players (Ribery, Robben, Dzeko etc) but for me the overall standard of players is still lower. A lot of the top players each season still move on to Italy or Spain (Ribery and Dzeko are likely to be the next in the summer, Diego last summer).

So yeah, the gap is smaller but for me the Bundesliga still has a way to go to be considered a better league.

The thing is between us we have named 5 players from one team. Take Inter out and we're really struggling.

Look at the players in the Bundesliga.

Kuranyi, Rolfes, Kiebling, Borowski, Rakitic, Subotic, Hleb, Salihovic, Ibisevic, Elia, Trochowski, Jarolim, Shweinsteiger, Gomez, Klose, Ollic, Tymoschuk etc

and at to that some real good younsters coming through like;

Muller, Matip, Moritz, Bender twins, Kroos, Pitroipa, Berg, Marin, Ozil, Reus, Zuculini, etc

Bundesliga has a much more solid foundation. Serie A just haven't got the money to fund serious transfers anymore, and apart from Santon, Poli, Pato, Balloteli, im really struggling to name more decent youngsters in Serie A

what about Lavezzi, Hamsik and co at napoli? giovinco, pazzini, santacroce, motta, chiellini. Serie A will always be a good league with some very talented players

Pita said:
Ricster said:
Those are just a couple of results, and you can even question Chelsea's 2 legs over Inter, especially some dodgy decision's.

Did you actually watched the games??
Did you read the papers the following day??
Inter was far the best team over the 2 legs!

Were Chelsea screwed in the first leg with dodgy refereeing decisions again? That would have made the 2nd leg a completely different game<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:50 am --<br /><br />
Forzacitizens said:
Ricster said:
The thing is between us we have named 5 players from one team. Take Inter out and we're really struggling.

Look at the players in the Bundesliga.

Kuranyi, Rolfes, Kiebling, Borowski, Rakitic, Subotic, Hleb, Salihovic, Ibisevic, Elia, Trochowski, Jarolim, Shweinsteiger, Gomez, Klose, Ollic, Tymoschuk etc

and at to that some real good younsters coming through like;

Muller, Matip, Moritz, Bender twins, Kroos, Pitroipa, Berg, Marin, Ozil, Reus, Zuculini, etc

Bundesliga has a much more solid foundation. Serie A just haven't got the money to fund serious transfers anymore, and apart from Santon, Poli, Pato, Balloteli, im really struggling to name more decent youngsters in Serie A

what about Lavezzi, Hamsik and co at napoli? giovinco, pazzini, santacroce, motta, chiellini. Serie A will always be a good league with some very talented players
Napoli are 8th in Serie A, so how good are the likes of Lavezzi, Santacroce and Hamsik? C'mon, Juve are 5th and just got thumped off a middle of the road Prem team in Fulham. If you take into account the next level of team up in the prem which is ourselves, Liverpool, Everton, Villa, Spurs, and then the top 3 after that, when was the last time you could say the top 8 in England are better than all the teams in Italy bar the Champions?

I'd even say the likes of Bayern, Schalke, Leverkusen, Hamburg, Werder and maybe even Wolfsburg are better than all the teams in Serie A apart from Inter.

That is the point im trying to make, the decline of Italian football. No more is it the must tune in on a Sunday.

Look at the players we've had recently from Serie A, Corradi and Bianchi. Bianchi was one of Serie A's top goalscorers the season before. So what went wrong with that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.