Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Re: Serious question relating to us and FFP

LoveCity said:
Compromise or not, we've been defeated for now. Until we can boost our revenues wildly we'll always be disadvantaged by these rules.

We already have the 4th highest revenues in England, will be the second highest in two year if not next.

It's watered down UEFA FFP, so if we're going to struggle with the premier league version we'll have no hope of complying with UEFA's.

These rules are gonna be good for us, we will comply easily and still pay200k wages, problem is I cannot see why everton, villa and Newcastle are going for it, or perhaps I can, Lerner, Kenwright and Ashley can turn round to their fans and say there's no point in being bought out any more we will never make the top 4 consistently even with a billionaire owner. So keep your expectations low whilst we cream off the sky money for the next 5 years. These 3 clubs are good, big clubs whose fans are gonna get screwed again. Thank god the Abu dhabi money rolled in when it did.

It will just make it even sweeter when we're successful despite their best efforts to retain status quo..

So if I won the lottery next week would the government feel the need to limit my spending to protect my next door neighbour ?

It really is amazing how utterly clueless fans of teams like Everton,Newcastle,Villa etc have been throughout this. The league cup is now the limit of their aspirations from here on in. A sad day for football in England.

Too late to stop us i think.

1. Our turnover hit around 253 million which is a record for us and the new guys in charge i read have been set a target of 400 million turnover. Lots more sponsership deals i imagine in the pipeline esp with the Campus.

2. Wages have been sky high for years due to us being a mid table club and having to entice players to join us with over inflated wages to take us to the next level. Cant see our wages increasing any more as it has been for the last few years, if anything probably decreasing. This with more income makes nice reading. Also alot of those level 2/3 players on huge salaries are either gone or going this summer. We are now at the place where a good player will want to join us and not join simply for the money so no need to offer stupid wages anymore. of course the highest qaulity of players will be paid a small fortune but no more 100k a week for the likes of Bridge etc

3. Squad: the key players in our squad are a great age. Kompnay, Hart, Aguero. We dont have an aging team issue with lots to replace. Also in a few years the accademy hopefully will start to churn out some qaulity squad players and with luck the odd top class player. These accademy wages wont be high and we will sell the ones who quite dont make it for a few million here and there which will also boost our figures.

4. Possible stadium expansion inc more coprorate. With us in 7th place in the money turnover list last year, you could see how little we bring in on matchdays to the other teams around us. With more seats sold and more corporate boxes this could increase turnover by quite abit

I have total faith in our owners, they are truly professional and such good businessmen, do we honestly think they arnt aware of FFP. These guys are top notch

hertsblue said:
Too late to stop us i think.

1. Our turnover hit around 253 million which is a record for us and the new guys in charge i read have been set a target of 400 million turnover. Lots more sponsership deals i imagine in the pipeline esp with the Campus.

2. Wages have been sky high for years due to us being a mid table club and having to entice players to join us with over inflated wages to take us to the next level. Cant see our wages increasing any more as it has been for the last few years, if anything probably decreasing. This with more income makes nice reading. Also alot of those level 2/3 players on huge salaries are either gone or going this summer. We are now at the place where a good player will want to join us and not join simply for the money so no need to offer stupid wages anymore. of course the highest qaulity of players will be paid a small fortune but no more 100k a week for the likes of Bridge etc

3. Squad: the key players in our squad are a great age. Kompnay, Hart, Aguero. We dont have an aging team issue with lots to replace. Also in a few years the accademy hopefully will start to churn out some qaulity squad players and with luck the odd top class player. These accademy wages wont be high and we will sell the ones who quite dont make it for a few million here and there which will also boost our figures.

4. Possible stadium expansion inc more coprorate. With us in 7th place in the money turnover list last year, you could see how little we bring in on matchdays to the other teams around us. With more seats sold and more corporate boxes this could increase turnover by quite abit

I have total faith in our owners, they are truly professional and such good businessmen, do we honestly think they arnt aware of FFP. These guys are top notch

It's not really about us anymore,more the right thing for football. Had we not been taken over our dreams would be stone dead now.

We need to study the deal in detail. At the moment Gold is the only voice we've heard and he isn't making any sense. There's no wage cap, you can increase wages only to a certain level but it isn't a cap...it's restraint! It appears that our salary bill of over £200 million can actually increase, subject to "breaking even" and not costing the Sheikh more than £35 million pa!

I think there is a clear division between what fans want and what their chairmen are after. This is most clear in the case of the gang of four. Their fans want to stuff City, and Chelsea, while allowing their club to spend what it likes: their owners/chairmen want to stuff City so that they have to spend as liitle as possible and pocket the rest. This seems to ignore the rate of growth of City's revenue and the club's belief that it will continue almost indefinitely.

In particular we need to know how much owners/shareholders can invest each year. If it's about £35 million pa I doubt City are bothered, since City's period of owner funded investment is clearly over and wages and transfers must be covered by annual revenue.

In short, it seems City consider the regulations irrelevant because the club will follow sound business practice and let the PL and UEFA find a suitable place to store their regulations. But before a legal challenge can be ruled out we need to know how many, and which, clubs voted against and what the regulationa actually are.

So, football has been fixed for the foreseeable future, thanks to the efforts of United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs and their merry band of numpties.

Only them us and Chelsea will benefit from this.

Sad day for other football romantics from other teams dreaming of one day winning the league.

Well done - Gill and all.

Wardie said:
So, football has been fixed for the foreseeable future, thanks to the efforts of United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs and their merry band of numpties.

Only them us and Chelsea will benefit from this.

Sad day for other football romantics from other teams dreaming of one day winning the league.

Well done - Gill and all.
and we've gone above two of those teams in the rich list our turnover is rocketing what spuds and Liverpool have effectively done is agreed we can out spend them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.