Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Well it looks like we're the last ones to have rapid growth and just in time to gate crash the party. Say bye bye to the other teams as the draw bridge is now firmly closed. Have no problems from here on in. We just need to keep our powder dry as we secure our position at the elite table.

If there was any concern being caused to the club by either UEFA or Prem proposals then I am sure the board would have been making some public noises by now. The fact that they haven't suggests to me they have it covered as why would the ongoing investment in the training complex and hopefully stadium expansion still be funded if our owner could not achieve his stated goals?

bluesoup said:
Well it looks like we're the last ones to have rapid growth and just in time to gate crash the party. Say bye bye to the other teams as the draw bridge is now firmly closed. Have no problems from here on in. We just need to keep our powder dry as we secure our position at the elite table.

Yes but what of the other fans and clubs that aren't us, the rags, Liverpool, ARsenal, Chelsea, Spurs? No chance for them to ever win the league ever again.

Prestwich_Blue said:
fbloke said:
I am in the middle of a busy evening with kids etc so I haven't yet read through it all.

Can someone (PB?) clarify that wages are STRICTLY limited to an additional £4m p.a. rise or as I was told earlier by someone that it is limited to a an additional £4m p.a. from TV revenues?

If the latter then there is no worries from our POV and it is clear that the clubs who voted for it are hoping to ring fence the TV monies and stop agents asking for too much.
It seems to be the latter case so you can fund any increase over £4m from an increase in commercial revenue. As you say, no worries from our point of view.

Sadly for other teams it simply means the divide between the haves and have nots will now be massive.

Andouble said:
bluesoup said:

Yes but what of the other fans and clubs that aren't us, the rags, Liverpool, ARsenal, Chelsea, Spurs? No chance for them to ever win the league ever again.

Perhaps they should wise up & speak up ?

I just can't see the negatives for us. We're safe and sound and i just don't care about the turkeys who just voted for Christmas.

Neville Kneville said:
Andouble said:
bluesoup said:

Yep and perhaps the should of thought about agreeing to this in the 1st place.

citytill1die84 said:
Neville Kneville said:
Andouble said:

Yep and perhaps the should of thought about agreeing to this in the 1st place.

How the feck could reading not choose one way or the other? They'll have brought it on themselves if they fall foul of it..

More lenient than the uefa FFP, seems like nothing to be unduly concerned about.

Ardwick Green Blue said:
Why the concern shown by many on here for the clubs and their fans who
now have no chance of breaking into the privileged elite? Most clubs have voted for the proposals so they can have no complaints when that's what happens.
Exactly my point too. Why worry about them. We can now get cheaper players on lesser wages whilst raking in the income from our new ventures. what's good for FFP four is even better for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.