Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Skashion said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
City Raider said:
This would appear to be a lot better than we'd hoped for or have I read it all wrong?
It certainly would seem to be fine for us. We should be in profit next year anyway or at least close to break-even.
You expect us to increase our revenue nearly £97m more in a year?
I meant 2013/14. The wage bill will go down as we clear out a load of players, amortisation will go down as we either sell players or extend their contracts, the new media deal will kick in as well as the new Nike deal plus there will be other additional commercial income.

Can anyone explain for a simpleton like myself why this won't be a bad thing for City? Surely if It's only going to prevent other clubs from doing what City have done then we'd have voted for it, as it rules out other clubs competing on such a level with us?

From what I'm reading we might do ok for a couple of years, ie this summer there will be a few players moving on and we can use their wages/transfer value to replace them with a couple of top quality players. But where will this leave us in the future? For example in 3 or 4 years time we might need to top up with a few quality players - the way Chelsea done in the summer - but we won't be able to?

Sorry if I'm missing something, I'm no expert in this but I just can't see why these new FFP regs won't effect us much, as some seem to be suggesting? In my eye it will fuck us over in a few years time, that's the way I've read into it at least.

Most clubs in the PL seem to be more worried about not being able to say no to players and agents, because the world and his wife know about the additional TV revenues, than remaining competitive.

I may be naive but I never felt that City accepted their place in the pecking order as a second class club but merely accepted that we couldn't achieve our rightful place at the top table.

It seems that some PL chairman are not only factoring their likely place mid table but are planning for not winning silverware forever.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Skashion said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It certainly would seem to be fine for us. We should be in profit next year anyway or at least close to break-even.
I meant 2013/14. The wage bill will go down as we clear out a load of players, amortisation will go down as we either sell players or extend their contracts, the new media deal will kick in as well as the new Nike deal plus there will be other additional commercial income.

Will we not be buying new players on big wages? I would certainly hope the summer would see us buy a top quality centre forward, a centre half and a pacy Willian type midfielder. How realistic would a bid for Cavani be for example, in terms of FFP compliance?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Ah, I see, and I agree.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Skashion said:

Will we not be buying new players on big wages? I would certainly hope the summer would see us buy a top quality centre forward, a centre half and a pacy Willian type midfielder. How realistic would a bid for Cavani be for example, in terms of FFP compliance?
We spent £200m on wages, NI, etc last year. Let's say it's the same this year. I reckon we'll get rid of about £35m of that by the start of the 2013/14 season before we add anyone else. If the new rules are applied then we can spend at least £204m in 2013/14, meaning we can add at least £40m to the wage bill or the equivalent of four world class players.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

We spent £200m on wages, NI, etc last year. Let's say it's the same this year. I reckon we'll get rid of about £35m of that by the start of the 2013/14 season before we add anyone else. If the new rules are applied then we can spend at least £204m in 2013/14, meaning we can add at least £40m to the wage bill or the equivalent of four world class players.

Are we going to have to rely on sales in order to bring in world class talent at 30/35m or so in the future?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Balo already having gone, Tevez will be gone within 18 months, all the historical high earners such as Ade/RSC/Bridge etc will be a distant memory.

Factor in the aim to ave 15 -18 real first team players, a la Barca, and you have far more than we need to save on wages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.