Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Camo Bentley said:
You don't think the timing has anything to do with the global economic crisis? Austerity measures in European nations? Rangers going into administration? Spanish clubs on the brink of bankruptcy?

Limiting costs is just smart business. I would start by capping agent fees at a fixed limit (not percentage) on any transaction.

More competition from the lower table teams will make the league more exciting and every game more meaningful.
In all fairness, it is fuck all to do with smart business is it? Do you honestly think any chairman or exec at any club gives a flying fuck about any other club than the one they own/are employed by?

Do you think U***** want competition? Do you think they want anyone being able to challenge their recent domination? Of course not, it affects the bottom line if someone can beat them to all the prizes (remember, they won the sum total of fuck all last season so are probably smarting a bit).

Do you think the Glazers and Gill have had a meeting where they've discussed how they can ensure Arsenal and Liverpool can make a reasonable tilt at the title? Do you think they also discussed how they can make the transfer system fairer so clubs like Sunderland can buy Jack Wilshere for a couple of million and pay him in vimto and mars bars?

Or do you think any discussion they've had is more along the lines of:

"How can we reduce players costs? I know, why don't we drive down prices and wages, put in some rules about what you can spend so ultimately we can pay clubs fuck all for their best players, pay shit wages and ultimately cement our domination further?"

Now, I'm not on 1st name terms with Sheikh Mansour, but it is pretty clear what his plans are in terms of how they will be financed and how they will ultimately become self sufficient over time through academy investment and increasing commercial revenue streams whilst also investing/regenerating not just Manchester City FC but a part of Manchester itself. If the Premier League said "you have lost x so deposit same in this account to cover it in case you decide to walk away." that might have been a more reasonable method of protection.

These measures, along with UEFA's FFP, are no more altruitic than Sir Ronald of Dunmow's philanthropy towards poor old Gazza.

All we are seeing in the cold light of day is restraint of trade, rejection of investment and championing of debt - the very thing that has been a signifcant factor in the global economic crisis. In terms of comedy of the absurd, the likes of Andy Hamilton, Anthony Jay and Jonathan Lynn would have been proud to have written it.

I imagine this is where City take their gloves off?

Gill is just a slimeball, I hope one day he suffers for what is the biggest corruption in the history of English football

strongbowholic said:
Camo Bentley said:
You don't think the timing has anything to do with the global economic crisis? Austerity measures in European nations? Rangers going into administration? Spanish clubs on the brink of bankruptcy?

Limiting costs is just smart business. I would start by capping agent fees at a fixed limit (not percentage) on any transaction.

More competition from the lower table teams will make the league more exciting and every game more meaningful.
In all fairness, it is fuck all to do with smart business is it? Do you honestly think any chairman or exec at any club gives a flying fuck about any other club than the one they own/are employed by?

Do you think U***** want competition? Do you think they want anyone being able to challenge their recent domination? Of course not, it affects the bottom line if someone can beat them to all the prizes (remember, they won the sum total of fuck all last season so are probably smarting a bit).

Do you think the Glazers and Gill have had a meeting where they've discussed how they can ensure Arsenal and Liverpool can make a reasonable tilt at the title? Do you think they also discussed how they can make the transfer system fairer so clubs like Sunderland can buy Jack Wilshere for a couple of million and pay him in vimto and mars bars?

Or do you think any discussion they've had is more along the lines of:

"How can we reduce players costs? I know, why don't we drive down prices and wages, put in some rules about what you can spend so ultimately we can pay clubs fuck all for their best players, pay shit wages and ultimately cement our domination further?"

Now, I'm not on 1st name terms with Sheikh Mansour, but it is pretty clear what his plans are in terms of how they will be financed and how they will ultimately become self sufficient over time through academy investment and increasing commercial revenue streams whilst also investing/regenerating not just Manchester City FC but a part of Manchester itself. If the Premier League said "you have lost x so deposit same in this account to cover it in case you decide to walk away." that might have been a more reasonable method of protection.

These measures, along with UEFA's FFP, are no more altruitic than Sir Ronald of Dunmow's philanthropy towards poor old Gazza.

All we are seeing in the cold light of day is restraint of trade, rejection of investment and championing of debt - the very thing that has been a signifcant factor in the global economic crisis. In terms of comedy of the absurd, the likes of Andy Hamilton, Anthony Jay and Jonathan Lynn would have been proud to have written it.

I imagine this is where City take their gloves off?

Good post but I think the gloves should have been taken off a long long time ago.

jake28 said:
Good post but I think the gloves should have been taken off a long long time ago.

I agree; however the owners are cleverer than me, so I reckon they must be letting it play out first so they can see how to counter. Maybe they might even be looking at it and saying "nothing to see here" and will do nothing because they know they will comply?

Time will tell.

How many Messis, Iniestas, Ibrahimovics, Eto'os have we seen in the Premier League? I am talking about players at the absolute top that would walk into any team in the world. The answer is one - Cristiano Ronaldo. And he was an unknown before he came here.

The PL has been able to attract good platers, even great players. But not the very very top. The world's elite won't come here because the transfer fees and pay are not good enough already. So now the dickheads running the asylum want to limit things further. And hope that PL will continue to be the most watched league in the world because everyone just loves Jones and Cleverly don't they. FFS.

You literally could not make it up.

if the city academy project grinds to a halt then and only then i will start to worry..but looking at the recent deloitte football standings we shouldn't be worried one bit!onwards and upwards

I'm no lawyer or very clever man, but even i can see there will be a case to answer on unfair monopoly terms..

I'm really surprised the PL have taken this very short term look at throttling the very league they have just took a kings ransom for TV rights.

And Reading chose to abstain Utter madness...

It is perfectly acceptable to have £500m+ in debt but not to have £500m+ given with no debt attached?

Chippy_boy said:
How many Messis, Iniestas, Ibrahimovics, Eto'os have we seen in the Premier League? I am talking about players at the absolute top that would walk into any team in the world. The answer is one - Cristiano Ronaldo. And he was an unknown before he came here.

The PL has been able to attract good platers, even great players. But not the very very top. The world's elite won't come here because the transfer fees and pay are not good enough already. So now the dickheads running the asylum want to limit things further. And hope that PL will continue to be the most watched league in the world because everyone just loves Jones and Cleverly don't they. FFS.

Aguero, silva,kompany,Ashley cole (a few years ago), henry, Rooney, van persie.

To name a few.

blueju said:
I clicked on the FFP website today and scrolled down to see what was said about City and in what context it was written. The first mentions of us were basically setting the scene for what I read further down the page. The basically said our association with Abu Dhabi and subsequent sponsorship by Etihad was unethical due to possible human rights breaches. I can't believe they actually wrote that but then you realise that scrolling down there was absolutely no mention of the rag shites debt.
How can they justify their shitty argument that we shouldn't be allowed to spend our debt free money and in the same breath tell us they are doing all this to avoid the certain Armageddon otherwise known as 'doing a Portsmouth '?

These bastards are so transparent it's untrue. I think the only way out of this is through the courts, surely everyone outside can see what's going on.. The greedy 'big 4' that is no more dont even try to disguise it any more.

Sorry for rambling but today is the day City should start shouting loud and clear they won't be held to ransom by yesterday's heroes.

There are so many pages on this subject, 37 as I count, and I have only read a sample of them as they all follow a similar theme. But I've picked out yours as it makes a valid point.

Western ethical beliefs are different than Arab beliefs, and neither are better or worse than the other, just misunderstood. So if Westerners believe they are in some way superior to Arabs, and try to lecture them on Human Rights, they will soon be in danger of seeing a sharp drop in the availabilty of oil on the world markets. This will of course result in sharp rises in the cost of filling up our tanks. Governments will get the flak for this and they will have to back down pdq, and if UEFA are amongst those who try to moralize, they will soon feel our ruler's wrath. And this little rant of mine doesn't even enter the debate as to the ethics of selling arms to Arab countries, something we are only too willing to do.

And just before I leave this post, Arabs of centuries past were studying the constellations, were devising written language, were adept at arithmetic and were postulating that the world was round. And they were doing this while we were still living in caves and forests.

mcfc2607 said:
Chippy_boy said:

Aguero, silva,kompany,Ashley cole (a few years ago), henry, Rooney, van persie.

To name a few.

Don't agree mate. You are confusing very very good players with the world's creme de la creme. None of the above would "walk in" to any team in the world. They might get a place depending on the team's requirements. But they might not. Would RVP keep Falcao on the bench? Nope.

I might concede Henry, but he's the only one on that list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.