Settle an argument - Is Hughes doing a crap job or not?

Mike D said:
mackenzie said:
But it WAS broke. It's been broken for years!

But now it can't be done like that. It has to be with quality signings,balance and grit and application.

There have been many teams that have been successful where it isn't necessarily the superstar signings that make the difference. I remember Carragher in the Chumps Final....that bloke was immense.

We had the makings of a good side before hughes came and with some additions should have become better (in theory). In fact we have got considetably worse than last season despits improvements but don't blame the manager its the tea ladies fault she's buying PG instead of tetley. Hughes is a football genius all hail to the king hughes

Who said he was a genius?

And that's my point. There needs to be balance when we consider what is going on at City.

Hughes hasn't impressed me but neither has Scolari at Chelsea.

mackenzie said:
Mike D said:
We had the makings of a good side before hughes came and with some additions should have become better (in theory). In fact we have got considetably worse than last season despits improvements but don't blame the manager its the tea ladies fault she's buying PG instead of tetley. Hughes is a football genius all hail to the king hughes

And that's my point. There needs to be balance when we consider what is going on at City.

And most would have happily taken Scolari above Hughes but he's struggling with a pretty good squad. People also forget that Chelsea were already in the top 4-6 for a few years before Abramovich came along. We're nowhere near that yet (and won't be for a least another season).

If by Stuggling you mean being in the Campions League .& 2nd in the Prem & only being beat once away from home .i could settle for that

mackenzie said:
Mike D said:

But Scolari hasn't taken chelsea backwards has he ?
The big differance is big phil is a winner as a manager hughes isn't

cyberblue said:
If by Stuggling you mean being in the Campions League .& 2nd in the Prem & only being beat once away from home .i could settle for that

Agreed CB, but the Chelsea set up is not a happy club.

Mike D said:
But Scolari hasn't taken chelsea backwards has he ?
The big differance is big phil is a winner as a manager hughes isn't

Has he taken them backwards? No idea. Ask the Chesea fans. They aren't happy though.

Big Phil maybe a "winner" but when was the last time he did it at League level?

I'lll decide how good or bad he did at the end of the season.

Players like Zab, Kompany, SWP and Robinho all get bummed to death on here and they were all brought to the club during Hughes' time here. I also expect Bridge to join that list and become a fan favourite. The players who get the most shit on here were brought here by former managers, which says it all.

The problem with our fans is that they don't really think rationally; they're certainly not the sharpest knives in the drawer that's for sure. Even if Jose was our boss people would be abusing him if we didn't win a game, some would even want him out after 6 months if we hadn't won most of our games. I know this because Robinho is one of the best players the club has ever had and yet I've heard people calling him 'fucking shit' when thing don't come off for him. Do you think Liverpool fans say that sort of thing about Gerrard or Torres when things don't come off for them or do they get behind them? I think maybe the media have put this image in our minds that the top players are perfect when that just isn't the case...Robinho is a top player and it doesn't get much better unless you sign Messi or Kaka, who many of our fans would be surprised to know have a quiet or poor game now and then. If we ever sign them I certainly hope they bring their earplugs.

The problem is that we have had so many bad times over the years and so many crap players that the fans are now used to booing and berating our own club on a constant basis. The abuse we give ourselves on here is WORSE than what I read in the Daily Mirror.

Constant change does nothing but harm for the long term future of the club and Moyes at Everton is proof of this. They had two really bad seasons not so long ago but look at them now. He's established his mark on the whole squad and they realise he's the bossman because he's been there so long.

ManCityX said:
I'lll decide how good or bad he did at the end of the season.

Players like Zab, Kompany, SWP and Robinho all get bummed to death on here .

I know that mostof those players wouldn't like you saying that apart from zab who likes his rectum services (allegidly)

Exactly ManCityx and the point i have been 'trying' to get across to some of the never happy brigade is that support and positivity could take us so much further, but all these people seem to want to find is fault and problems but very rarely do those in this camp provide a cogent well thought through solution.

I have read many many topcis on here telling us why Hughes is Sh*t but none on this is the right replacement for Hughes and this is why he would be better than Hughes. They can't because it leaves them open to scrutiny and would blow their argument for sacking Hughees out of the water.

The fact is there are very few world class managers, even fewer who are out of work and even fewer who are in work who would choose to leave their current club to manage us.

Why not then do what we have done and appoint one of the best up and coming managers who has done a great job on limited resources and someone who still has ambition to be the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.