Sevilla away sold out!

We don't know it's the club and, like you, I'd hope it wasn't. But eight together could only be eithe via the club, an executive box holder, official partner or maybe even a supporters club who got tickets and found that all their members who wanted to go already had tickets.

The club state this when they announce the sales criteria for each game:
The following groups will receive an allocation of tickets for this match: Supporters, Seasonal Hospitality Supporters, Football Management, Players, Club Partners and the MCFC Supporters Club.

So the cake is split 6 ways. Ticket Points (née Loyalty Points) only apply to one of the six slices: "Supporters", and even that is not 100% determined by Ticket Points as a few of those are set aside for juniors without enough points. Anyone who thinks that Ticket Points have any relevance to any of the other groups is mistaken. That includes "the MCFC Supporters Club". although many (by no means all) of their tickets end up in the hands of fans with enough Ticket Points anyway. Tickets allocated to those booking on Thomson's plane to Sevilla without enough points could I guess be justified under the "Club Partners" criteria.

It is clear that the percentage for "Supporters" has been reduced this season due to an increase for "Seasonal Hospitality Supporters" (Joe's). Superbia members will also be in this "Seasonal Hospitality Supporters" group when requesting extra tickets but interestingly the club didn't send out any invites for new Superbia members this season, probably because they knew the impact Joe's would have. I believe Supporters Clubs' share of the cake has also been decreased this season. I do tickets for a large branch and we just got our lowest ever allocation for Old Trafford.

The club's biggest failing is lack of transparency about the increased corporate allocation. They continued to charge £50 for Platinum double points knowing that at the same time they are reducing the "Supporters" slice, so they know many are wasting their money but they continue to take it. I think fathellensbellend recently posted on one of the ticket threads that if Platinum were PPI City would be done for mis-selling it and I don't think that's far from the truth.

"maybe even a supporters club who got tickets and found that all their members who wanted to go already had tickets."

Prestwich Blue: I would think if that were a scenario they would pass them back to Supporter Services or Kevin Parker?

The club state this when they announce the sales criteria for each game:
The following groups will receive an allocation of tickets for this match: Supporters, Seasonal Hospitality Supporters, Football Management, Players, Club Partners and the MCFC Supporters Club.

So the cake is split 6 ways. Ticket Points (née Loyalty Points) only apply to one of the six slices: "Supporters", and even that is not 100% determined by Ticket Points as a few of those are set aside for juniors without enough points. Anyone who thinks that Ticket Points have any relevance to any of the other groups is mistaken. That includes "the MCFC Supporters Club". although many (by no means all) of their tickets end up in the hands of fans with enough Ticket Points anyway. Tickets allocated to those booking on Thomson's plane to Sevilla without enough points could I guess be justified under the "Club Partners" criteria.

It is clear that the percentage for "Supporters" has been reduced this season due to an increase for "Seasonal Hospitality Supporters" (Joe's). Superbia members will also be in this "Seasonal Hospitality Supporters" group when requesting extra tickets but interestingly the club didn't send out any invites for new Superbia members this season, probably because they knew the impact Joe's would have. I believe Supporters Clubs' share of the cake has also been decreased this season. I do tickets for a large branch and we just got our lowest ever allocation for Old Trafford.

The club's biggest failing is lack of transparency about the increased corporate allocation. They continued to charge £50 for Platinum double points knowing that at the same time they are reducing the "Supporters" slice, so they know many are wasting their money but they continue to take it. I think fathellensbellend recently posted on one of the ticket threads that if Platinum were PPI City would be done for mis-selling it and I don't think that's far from the truth.

A good post. The only thing I would add about Platinum is that while the benefits have indeed diminished for many fans when trying to get tickets for these types of games, it could still come in handy should we reach a cup final. Either way, I'm sure fans will work out for themselves whether it's worth taking out in future - if someone doesn't see any benefit for themselves then they'll kick it into touch. It's still useful for me as I'm still "ahead of the curve" for away tickets (could be struggling for Bournemouth though) but I'm falling further down the pecking order.

I thought joining the cup schemes was almost a sufficient guarantee for cup final tickets, especially if you also have a healthy number of loyalty points

Yeah, good point. Was just thinking that Platinim giving you double points on everything - cup schemes, tickets, and ST renewal - gives you a better "pick" of tickets for a domestic final but if by some miracle we got to a CL final, it could have more relevance because with a traditionally lesser allocation than a domestic final, being in the CL scheme AND having Platinum could be the difference between getting a ticket and not getting one for some fans.

I think this is the issue. You feel like you have to 'stay in to win'. Depending on circumstances it could still be a few years before before a CL final and how much extra would that have cost in Platinum membership & cup schemes? That said, can you imagine how many would filter through to the likes of most of us after our sponsors, corporates & club officials get their share AND this would be after UEFA have had first dibs!!
Yeah, good point. Was just thinking that Platinim giving you double points on everything - cup schemes, tickets, and ST renewal - gives you a better "pick" of tickets for a domestic final but if by some miracle we got to a CL final, it could have more relevance because with a traditionally lesser allocation than a domestic final, being in the CL scheme AND having Platinum could be the difference between getting a ticket and not getting one for some fans.

"maybe even a supporters club who got tickets and found that all their members who wanted to go already had tickets."

Prestwich Blue: I would think if that were a scenario they would pass them back to Supporter Services or Kevin Parker?

I would be amazed if any supporters club wasn't oversubscribed for a match like this, for big games our branch is lucky to approach half of the requests with its allocation

I would be amazed if any supporters club wasn't oversubscribed for a match like this, for big games our branch is lucky to approach half of the requests with its allocation
I'd be surprised as well but it was a possibility, as I imagine they'd get a block of tickets together. Much more likely to be from the club or corporates if they're in our end.

The bigger question is WHEN City reach a Champions league final at such a venue as the San Siro (80K) how many tickets will be available to fans via ticket points?

That is why this debate and clarity of ticket allocation/splits to corporate- player- supporters clubs and points sale is required NOW from the Club.

I do not expect we will get it, does anybody else?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.